Got the call from the taxidermist!

Southern Sportsman

David smith here in Jackson…really pleased with him. I forgot the exact specs but around 21lbs with a 10, 8,7, and a little 1" beards. 1 1/8" spurs I think. I'm not much of a beard guy but I had to mount this one! 😂
Dave is a really good taxidermist. He's mounted a couple deer for me and he always has some beautiful bird mounts in the shop when I've been there.

Huntaholic

Man I'm just glad the head looks real good. If that was off, it throws everything off to me. He didn't have the prettiest fan and feathers when i killed him either but i did take care of him transporting to the 1st taxidermist. It had come a lil defrosted when i moved him the 4 hours in a cooler to the second. No it's not John beard work but I paid a lot less and am happy with him. I personally think the ruffled part of the feathers is more real life like than some perfect looking bird but it's just me.
I was gonna say you need to meet John Beard, but I see thats already been covered. Ive got 5 birds mounted and John did every single one of them. Yeah, its a lot of money, but IMHO its worth it.

Latest posts