Got the call from the taxidermist!

Gobble4me757

I killed this 4 bearded giant 2 years ago back in bama. The first taxidermist down there didn't inform me during the couple of times I had checked in throughout the year that my bird was still in the freezer. He then texted me saying he's closed his shop at the year mark, and I had to drive over and pick up my frozen bird from his front yard. Mad was an understatement.

I picked him up and then took him to a taxidermist I found here in West Tennessee. I found the Chattanooga whiskey barrel on fb marketplace and got some cheap remote control lights on Amazon. Got the call yesterday and picked him up today! Hope y'all like it as I think he turned out
phenomenally!
IMG_0918.jpeg
IMG_0920.jpeg
IMG_0921.jpeg
IMG_0922.jpeg
IMG_0923.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0919.jpeg
    IMG_0919.jpeg
    220.3 KB · Views: 50

Gobble4me757

That gives Wild Turkey a great identity!
Fosho! I plan on finishing the bottle and filling it with gobbler stones! I killed 6 between 3 states this year and didn't start doing the stones until the last two birds…kicking myself from not starting years ago with different states and all!

rem270

I'm hoping to get my 4 bearded bird back from the taxidermist anytime now. I have a whiskey barrel I thought about putting it on but for now it will be on the wall. I might swap it out some time tho. I'm glad the beards pop out like that in the strutter mount. That's how mine will be too and was curious if it would show them.

rem270

Head looks good. Rest of the bird not so much. Sorry... but that's not high quality work.
May have been a part of how the bird was taken care of in between mounting. Head looks great. The wings, feathers, and fan looks like it was just thrown around, which is very possible if it had to go from one taxidermist to another and just thrown in a yard. Sometimes a taxidermist can only fix so much.

Luckily my uncle is a pretty well known taxidermist and I use his field care technique and got mine from 2 years ago to him on the same day and the same with the one I killed last year.

Gobble4me757

Head looks good. Rest of the bird not so much. Sorry... but that's not high quality work.
Man I'm just glad the head looks real good. If that was off, it throws everything off to me. He didn't have the prettiest fan and feathers when i killed him either but i did take care of him transporting to the 1st taxidermist. It had come a lil defrosted when i moved him the 4 hours in a cooler to the second. No it's not John beard work but I paid a lot less and am happy with him. I personally think the ruffled part of the feathers is more real life like than some perfect looking bird but it's just me.

Gobble4me757

I'm hoping to get my 4 bearded bird back from the taxidermist anytime now. I have a whiskey barrel I thought about putting it on but for now it will be on the wall. I might swap it out some time tho. I'm glad the beards pop out like that in the strutter mount. That's how mine will be too and was curious if it would show them.
Man heck yeah! I asked him if he could make the beards show as I didn't like the half strut mounts as much. You should throw him on the barrel! Next one I do will prolly be a wall mount for the office etc

Latest posts