Going after Sandhills today

Soon as stretch gets here we are heading out after the Sandhills.
This will be both of ours first time hunting them.
Hope we can get it done today because the storms are rolling in tonight / tomorrow.
Guide said we have birds so we will see I guess.
Wish I could take my 22-250 lol
Where does one hunt sandhill cranes at? Not asking for your honey hole, just general area. I am from North Dakota, we used to hunt them in the stubble fields as they came out to feed. This was in September, it was a blast! thanks, Chaplain Lane Stockeland, US Army, retired. Always looking to connect with fellow Veterans who love to hunt also! Give me a shout. thanks.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Where does one hunt sandhill cranes at? Not asking for your honey hole, just general area. I am from North Dakota, we used to hunt them in the stubble fields as they came out to feed. This was in September, it was a blast! thanks, Chaplain Lane Stockeland, US Army, retired. Always looking to connect with fellow Veterans who love to hunt also! Give me a shout. thanks.
I am located in NorthWest TN.
I went with a guide and he hunts the "hop-in" area, just West of Martin.
That particular area the cranes cover up every year.
Go 5 miles in any direction and nadda. Very odd how they pick what areas they like.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Ruger, how did yall set up on them. Get in layout blinds before sunrise in a area they were using? Any decoys? Any calling, and how?
The guide had an Avery A frame blind, already set up and brushed when we got there.
He had about 60 divebomb silhouette decoys.
They called quite a bit. Sounded alot like the real thing plus they made another kind of call. I guess it is some kind of social or feeding call, never heard it before.

Latest posts