Get Ready

tickweed

Not sure he does anymore, his old place was bought below White Rock.
I hunted with ronnie many days below whiterock. Down river. Behind the willow chute. Boy, at a certain level it was a stomp hole where he had his boat blind. He let us hunt his blind if he wasnt hunting. Man, what memories.

Andy S.

Big river rising and subtly pushing back on tribs, saturated ground and 1.5" rain in last 36 hours is spreading the water out. This camera is 1/2 mile from Loosahatchie river in SW TN and has not seen back water like this since last winter. Waterfowl loving it, land critters not so much.

IMG_6620.jpeg

IMG_6621.jpeg

Last edited:

Levee Jumper

Not sure if the gauge at Obion is operating correctly or not. The freeze messed it up for a while.

If its accurate, its going to be an interesting last week of season with lots of ducks in the area and water absolutely everywhere.

Andy S.

Not sure if the gauge at Obion is operating correctly or not. The freeze messed it up for a while.

If its accurate, its going to be an interesting last week of season with lots of ducks in the area and water absolutely everywhere.
Which gage are you referencing? Reference 4th column, "Latest Level" as of 0800hrs this morning.

1706109005474.png

Levee Jumper

Which gage are you referencing? Reference 4th column, "Latest Level" as of 0800hrs this morning.

View attachment 212863
I was looking at the gauge on NOAA's website, and it matches what you have shown in the table. It was hung up for a few days but maybe its fixed now.

34.84 just feels high for the rain event we just got and the fact the middle fork and north fork aren't overly up. It does look like upstream of Mckenzie got a
lot of rain though.

I hope its right and I can get away from this ole JOB!
Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 9.12.26 AM.png

Andy S.

That gauge cannot be right
I'll send to my team that works on USACE gauges (maintenance, calibration, etc) in hopes they can get the correct team (USGS, etc) on it and aware. Generally speaking, this time of year, we need all gauging to report accurately out ahead of annual flood season (Jan -June), but we oftentimes have gauges that fail from time to time. Thanks for the "boots on the ground feedback".

Latest posts