Get Ready

Wildwings

Past week has been steady. Did not hunt this morning. 4 of us went to the blind around 3:30 to set ice Eaters and killed 11 mallards while setting everything up. Mass migration going on with thousands of ducks coming in from the north. Up to 10 inches of snow in the forcast for tonight and the entire North Mississippi Delta frozen solid. Should be good tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20240114_170054.jpg
    20240114_170054.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 14

MickThompson

Right about now I'm jealous of you guys that 1) have ducks, and 2) don't have to drive over a mountain to get to them. I imagine we got birds on the lakes around here but there's not a lot of east ways to get to the water right now

Bgoodman30

Lots of great reports. We had great hunts Saturday and Sunday. The area we hunted Monday is having a bad year and we only killed 4. Kind of jealous when hearing reports of 40-60+ and almost all mallards. Worked a group of 60+ mallards and 200+ teal Sunday at another hole up river. Definitely the migration event we were hoping for. Saw an impressive number of birds a mile high Monday getting the heck out of dodge and heading south. MS and LA seasons looking up until the thaw!

Bgoodman30

All the lots at ramps were full this morning. Lots of folks called out of work to hunt today Im sure. . For nothing. We did not see a duck. I dont think we heard 5 shots within miles. We left at 9.

Where? Seems ducks are moving more mid day and afternoon.

Latest posts