Get Ready

Jack12

Been lucky enough to spend time in Michigan up until their season closed and have been patiently waiting for this type of weather to roll through. I have high hopes

Cache

2-Step Enabled
Got some buddies that have been killing them pretty good the last few days in Arkansas. Sounds like some new ducks have arrived.

Last edited:

chimneyman

Just got back from Hiwassee refuge looking at the cranes. Was surprised at the number of ducks there. Lots of high flyers circling 5-6 times before landing chickamauga was muddy muddy be at least a week before I'd fish it but with temps coming I'm not fishing anytime soon

Dodge Man

IMG_1988.jpeg

Well snow is covering the ground of most states above us already. If they don't moing in the next few days them you might as well sell all your duck hunting equipment. I say its 50/50 that most duck might never migrate after this year.

Bgoodman30

If we don't have a good season then I'm going to blame bgoodman for constantly getting on here and spreading positivity and a glass half full attitude the last week or so!!😂😂😂

Ha I am prepared to take that fall! I am definitely an optimist when it comes to nasty ducky ducking duck weather. If its 60 degrees and frogs are croaking forget about it I'm not going!

Dodge Man

There has been ducks to be killed all year. Just have had to work for them which most people don't do.

It's finally gonna get to where EVERYONE can kill ducks, which will make folks happy.

Good luck everyone.
I have been duck hunting going on 30 years. This has been the worst year on record so far for everyone I have talked to. From TN, AR and MO. I know a lot of leases and hunting clubs with multiple blinds and hundreds of ac that have killed a fraction of an average year. The mallard population is down 50% so even the people that are killing ducks are killing more scrap ducks and a few mallards.

I get the argument that if you want to kill some you have to work and find them. But for a majority of hunters that is not possible. They work all week and usually hunt the weekend. They have a normal blind they go to because they own the property or lease it. Also there is not enough public space for everyone to scout and "find" the ducks. If everyone was scouting they would push the ducks out of the area.

WilcoKen

I get the argument that if you want to kill some you have to work and find them. But for a majority of hunters that is not possible. They work all week and usually hunt the weekend. They have a normal blind they go to because they own the property or lease it. Also there is not enough public space for everyone to scout and "find" the ducks. If everyone was scouting they would push the ducks out of the area
I agree with this. There are guys I know that do find some ducks--it's mostly pass shooting wood ducks. A creek will hold some. Then maybe a farm pond will have 2-3 local big ducks along with a handful of wood ducks and the local merganser. I respect thier ability and persistence. But in my case, I look for mallards mostly. I know a duck is a duck, but this "event" we might get tends to bring the type of ducks I'm after.