Get Ready

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
The thaw used to be a guaranteed barn burner for us, but even that has changed the last few years. I think a lot of the ducks now just wait it out up north and don't feel the need to come any further than they have to. They just hang out on the closest open water and head back north.

Iglow

The thaw used to be a guaranteed barn burner for us, but even that has changed the last few years. I think a lot of the ducks now just wait it out up north and don't feel the need to come any further than they have to. They just hang out on the closest open water and head back north.
Seasons are closed up there, they got open water and can dry feed all they want....till it locks up and snow covers they food we're screwed.

Bgoodman30

Seasons are closed up there, they got open water and can dry feed all they want....till it locks up and snow covers they food we're screwed.

Snowing in MO now. Also 3 chances for accumulation in the next 10 days. Single digits temps will send them packing. Also sub zero in the Dakotas. I'm getting excited then I remember I don't have anywhere to hunt this year…😭

Dodge Man

Gambled and took some Vacation days….. off the 16th-27th, worst case scenario I'll spend my time in front of the wood stove sippin on good bourbon and cooking white beans
Season is almost over, you might as well burn a couple vacation days. You know there is nothing else worth holding on to them for after duck season. 😂

spoonie

Season is almost over, you might as well burn a couple vacation days. You know there is nothing else worth holding on to them for after duck season. 😂
This is the the first season since I started waterfowling I haven't hunted 40+ days….. I've been on 3 morning hunts total this far
Looking forward to warmer weather and fishing season this year 😁😁😁

Dodge Man

This is the the first season since I started waterfowling I haven't hunted 40+ days….. I've been on 3 morning hunts total this far
I can beat you on that, this is the first season in maybe 20+ years I have not hunted a single day so far. Normally I would hunt 20-30 days a season.

WilcoKen

I've been 3 times. Killed 2 ducks. Most every other season I hunt 20-30 days.

Iglow

I told'em 15th and 16th I'm taking off, my little dog probably good as the weather man at getting the forecast right that far out but better early getting off than late. If it don't pan out I'll go on to work. This may be our best last shot at doing anything, you only get maybe 3 or 4 really good days outta 60 where things line up right. Y'all keep your fingers crossed.🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
We seen a few more this morning, heard more shooting, I'm gonna take my pup squirrel hunting in the morning, nothing I see about tomorrow makes me think it would be any better than today and we didn't do much today.

Westtnduckhtr

I bet Habitat Flats will wreck them out of their spring feed and ice eater woods holes. I hunted the Eagles Nest hole one morning in the snow and ice. They had the ice eaters running all night and turned them off 5 minutes before shooting time. With Mark Bloss barking on a RNT Mondo about an hour and 48 ducks later we were done.
My buddy with his world champion lab, his was so good they let us use his lab😀.

Attachments

• 5D67A3B7-6948-426F-94C5-3DBCEAFD7F30.jpeg
    5D67A3B7-6948-426F-94C5-3DBCEAFD7F30.jpeg
    566.1 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts