Get Ready

Dodge Man

I copied this from a weather page. If this happens it might make up for all the bad days of hunting so far this season. Y'all better be taking off work to hunt the last couple weeks of season. 😛

"Hints continue to be plentiful that starting sometime mid-month ( January ) that a major cold push of cold air will invade a large area of the United States. This has been showing up in models for a couple weeks now. The kicker is a major, possible historic Snowstorm / Blizzard is poised to slam areas of Kansas, parts of Missouri, Nebraska, Northern half of Illinois, most of Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan and many areas in the Great lakes. This will set a fresh blanket of deep snow that won't go anywhere and will act as a freezer so will make things even colder well south and East of the snowpack. Stay tuned. The last 15-17 days of January are showing signs of a significant cold spell that will last days and a couple weeks here. Two model maps showing just the beginning here. Jan 17th and 18th. Light Blue, Darker Blue, Light pink, pink and white is extremely chilly/ Cold Temps. As for snows in that area, 10- 25 inches are possible somewhere over a period of a week or two. Stay tuned. Models have been wrong before but already other weather outlets are starting to chatter about the cold possibly headed our way in a week and a half. We are the RED dot on both pics. Understand. These are models and they change every 6 hours. But over time. The models, the ones reliable, are showing more blend that each are showing the cold air mass at some point. We thought this might take place a week earlier but the jet streams and pressures are changing. Also, one last thing....early next week, when this system moves across this part of the United States, super windy conditions are likely. When I say windy, we are talking gust 35-45 mph. So the system will have a low mb reading and tight gradient lines around this megastar storm. This means very windy conditions. I've added the 6-10, 8-14 day outlook maps. This starts to show the beginning of the below normal temp dive through Jan. 17th. Its the 15th-19th time frame that temps shows the decline at more of a rapid rate."

Attachments

• IMG_1924.jpeg
    IMG_1924.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1923.jpeg
    IMG_1923.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 19

Levee Jumper

So what date does everyone have pegged for when the gates will open up....

Mid week next after a good rain here and snow up north, next weekend when Northern MO locks up tight, or the middle of February when you can shoot limits in the road ditches?

Dodge Man

So what date does everyone have pegged for when the gates will open up....

Mid week next after a good rain here and snow up north, next weekend when Northern MO locks up tight, or the middle of February when you can shoot limits in the road ditches?
I would guess it should be good next weekend. If we get a good rain this week and cold temperatures next weekend like forecasted. I would say the biggest concern is it might get so cold the following week that everything freezes up.

Hawk103161

Meant to put this on the other duck post. I usta duck hunt alot on the creeks and Douglas and other resevours. Anyway....my buddy who is a die hard Ducker killed 2 sawbills the other day which made his harvest a Total of 5 Ducks for the WHOLE season....the other three were green heads.... We usta have so much fun 25-30 years ago... Be safe if the blast comes. I did see a nice raft of Teal around big sandy couple weeks ago

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
We plan on having the full crew next weekend so it could be great. I just hope it doesn't lock up the fields. I'm hoping to catch a few early ones this weekend.

Latest posts