FT CAMPBELL 2013

medwc

Roost 1 said:
I am aware and follow it, but what is the intent of it?
lol, good question. I ASSUME it is to keep people from starting at midnight, 0100, 0200 and so on. I know a few guys that would do that just to be 1st to an area.

They OKed the camo type orange a few years ago.

HuntFish714

Sitten in my blind in 32. Raining, little fog, not to cold yet. When it lightens up gunna look for a deer I shot qt lastnight , didnt find any blood and took a couple trqils but my light wasny much help, gunna sweep thevarea in a bit. Also hit a deer in 31 this morning with my truck, no damage to truck but the corner looked likebit hit her hqrd in the shoulder, gunna call mwr to and see if w game warden could give me permission to look so it doesn't go to waste. Didnt see it laying on the side of the road anywhere tho. Good luck to all!

HuntFish714

Yup! I cas n here some fawns playong or those little bucks sparring up in the woods but I dont think anythings gunna come to feed this morning, very noisy with all the mud coming in

Tn Joe

I dont know who deserves credit (GWs). Someone went out of there way to prepare a spot for a young man (11 yrs old) battling leukemia to hunt this weekend. And he got himself a nice buck yest evening. A FREAK 17pt. I have a pic but want post because I dont have parents permission. Hats off to whomever was behind it! VERY COOL!!!

@fulldraw

HuntFish714 said:
Sitten in my blind in 32. Raining, little fog, not to cold yet. When it lightens up gunna look for a deer I shot qt lastnight , didnt find any blood and took a couple trqils but my light wasny much help, gunna sweep thevarea in a bit. Also hit a deer in 31 this morning with my truck, no damage to truck but the corner looked likebit hit her hqrd in the shoulder, gunna call mwr to and see if w game warden could give me permission to look so it doesn't go to waste. Didnt see it laying on the side of the road anywhere tho. Good luck to all!

Good luck finding the deer. Maybe your luck will change for the better real soon.

HuntFish714

Turk870- are yoy in 32? A guy set a treestand up bout 100yds from me bd fore I got out and was lookin for the deer from last nigh t lol

@fulldraw- o hope so! Great huntin weather today, things can turn around in the matter of a minute....no sign of the deer and confirmed I was lookin in tge right place last nigjt

HuntFish714

WOW WHAT LUCK! found the deer I hit with my truck bedded bout 20yds off the side of the road, a big fat doe. It looked dead *with a sigh of relief that it wasnt sufuring and a little thankfulness to be able to put some bmeat in the freezer I walked up to it. All of a sudden it jumps up doing spins and trying its best to run and stumbling it took off with its leg held up high. I examined where it had lay and there was pools of blood. It went across the road into 23 with a solid blood trail. And hooves spread so far apart you could fit two solid fingers inbetween. It sounded like it went about 75 yards and then fell again with sone kicking so hopefully it isnt sufferinv anymore. Game wardens on his way out to see if we can find/humane kill. Needless to say my gut is upside down :-(

HuntFish714

Truck doe update. Game warden came out and he found her, missed her in a thicket, she took off. He said it looked like the leg was broke and the blood was from it so should survive. I feel much better bout it now and back focused on hunting

HuntFish714

Lol ya. Othet than that deer I only saw one other which was a big buck, real tall and as wide as his ears. He trotted hard away from me with no shot. Its kinda nice to think it was the last one I saw on post for the season, gives me hope and the hunger for next year. Thanks to everyone for your help and comments this season! !

turk870

was a good year for me as well other than I blew an opertuinity at the biggest buck ive seen at the fort(yes bigger than the 170 I killed a couple years ago)but always enjoy being there

woodswise

I finished the year in 45 today Tag Soup there again this year. I have seen very little sign in 45 this year not many tracks and I believe it may be a result of the mast failure/ag crops off post and the impact not being burned as usual. I have seen a lot of bucks in some other areas just not what I know is out there, but as a consolation prize this morning saw an absolute giant standing along side Jordon springs road as I drove in before daylight. This was truly a dream buck! The post is always an exciting place for me hunt this was my 42nd season there and I will miss it but..... as Arnold said I'll be back!

Latest posts