Four wheeler clutch

Jcalder

Anyone had a clutch put in a 4 wheeler. Mine is starting to slip a lot and i think I'd rather do it now as to wait until it's completely out and it's off in a holler where I can't get to it. Just wondering what kinda money I'm looking at. If it matters, it's a Yamaha Bruin 250

backyardtndeer

If you decide to tackle it yourself, a good manual is extremely helpful. I broke down my Honda foreman to replace a broken shift plate. Was not too bad, but I did not have to get into the trans. Setting the bike up on its tail made working on it easier than with it on all 4 tires.

Jcalder

Have you tried adjusting it?
I thought about this and looked in the manual. I did adjust the clutch, but if I'm not mistaken there's 2 clutches on these. First and second gear are like a go cart clutch and 3-5 are different. I could be wrong. But what I adjusted was for 1 and 2. The upper gears are the ones that are slipping.

Jcalder

If you decide to tackle it yourself, a good manual is extremely helpful. I broke down my Honda foreman to replace a broken shift plate. Was not too bad, but I did not have to get into the trans. Setting the bike up on its tail made working on it easier than with it on all 4 tires.
I've looked for a service manual and not sure I've found one. But this is something I'd probably take to someone. I don't have the time nor knowledge on it, tho I have changed quite a few parts on it.

Latest posts