Honda four wheeler battery?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
The battery on my four wheeler has finally died.
It is a 2009 or 2010, can't remember which.
Rancher maybe?
2wd 420 cc

I quickly glanced and it appeared that I am going to have to take the entire rear fender assembly off to change the battery out.
Has anyone ever done this?

I jumped my mower off with the four wheeler back a couple months ago and there was just barely enough room to hook the jumper cables up to it and the rest of the battery was under the fender.
Just wondering how big a pain it is going to be?

RobbyW

I have a Polaris but it was kind of the same way. I could slide the battery out but couldn't get to one of the post to take it off. I drilled a whole in the finder that I can slide a long extension down to get it off. Makes you wonder who designs things sometimes

hillbillyfab

Not sure when or if it's different, but on my '07 Rancher 420 you take the seat off, open the tool box and unsnap the top of the toolbox and slide it out from under the back rack. The battery isn't terribly hard to get to after that.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

prstide

Just like what's been said it should be under the back rack/seat but accessible from up top I'd think. If you can get the wires unscrewed from the terminals, use an old boot lace and thread it through each terminal then tie the 2 ends together. Use that as a handle to lift the battery out.

Mike Belt

I figured they'd all be removed from under the seat???? If yours' is before you drop the new one in put a strap in the empty battery box that will extend up above both sides of the battery. This way you just have to pull up on the strap to remove it. It's a pain in the butt trying to pry one out.

Latest posts