Found a fat one

Southern Sportsman

IMG_6094.jpeg

I'm glad I don't get queasy about snakes, or I couldn't hunt this bottom. This was the most photogenic of the four I saw this afternoon.

Remington700

That's hunting in West TN! I grew up hunting the Hatchie bottoms and now hunt the Obion bottoms. Seeing snakes comes with the gig.

megalomaniac

he has been eating well.

I'm up to 140 something miles hiked this spring, yet only seen 2 snakes. a garter snake and a black runner. Haven't even seen a single venomous snake, and I've been in some nasty bottoms in S Mississippi

Southern Sportsman

I haven't seen a lot. One rat snake during they juvy and these. I've hunted this farm for years. If it's a warm day, I'll typically see 2-3 cottonmouths per trip there on average.

prstide

I haven't seen a lot. One rat snake during they juvy and these. I've hunted this farm for years. If it's a warm day, I'll typically see 2-3 cottonmouths per trip there on average.
Hunted a farm for a good while that was loaded with 'em like that too. Happy to say I've since moved on to some higher ground with far fewer cottonmouths.

Andy S.

He's healthy, but as you stated, it comes with the territory we hunt. In west and middle TN, I see water moccasins the most, copperheads a distant second and rattlesnakes a far distant third, rarely seeing a rattler. There may be more on the landscape than I see, I just do not see them that often. Thanks for sharing.

Southern Sportsman

Made a pass through that farm again today starting around noon. Saw two racers on the hill before it drops into the bottom, but only one moccasin. But it was cooler, so the slow moccasin day didn't surprise me.

IMG_6115.jpeg

Latest posts