For the diehard UT fans ( and others)

leader

So UT is hitting on all cylinders.

I don't think they win both of the last games BUT if they do and have a 7 win season they willingly in a decent bowl but probably agaianst an 8 or 9 win team.

Soooo, is it better for UT to win 6 and go to a bottom feeders bowl and win against a 6 win team OR win 7 and go to a decent bowl against an 8 or 9 win team and get shelled.

I am saying 7 will get in a decent bowl against a higher win team because the bowls know UT is hungry for a bowl and the fans will travel....

Wrangler95

leader said:

I don't think they win both of the last games BUT if they do and have a 7 win season they willingly in a decent bowl but probably agaianst an 8 or 9 win team.

Soooo, is it better for UT to win 6 and go to a bottom feeders bowl and win against a 6 win team OR win 7 and go to a decent bowl against an 8 or 9 win team and get shelled.

I am saying 7 will get in a decent bowl against a higher win team because the bowls know UT is hungry for a bowl and the fans will travel....

The way Tennessee is playing right now,I hope its a good team they play.After Tennessee had gotten in such a deep hole against Alabama,they put Dobbs in the game and he out scored Alabama the rest of the game,so bring it on!!

leader

Oh, I'm saying definitely try to win 7 but if we do is it good if we get beat in a bowl game by 30.

Just a thought I had, we could win 7 and blow someone out but if we don't....

TeamMainStreet

Hangnail said:
Does someone here that likes to think he's Vegas East think the vols beat Alabama if Dobbs starts that game?

Honestly tell me that your not glad Josh Dobbs didn't start the game. You saw the game, right. TN OUTSCORED Alabama for 3 quarters. Little Nicky was trying his best to get Kiffy to run the ball and drain the clock because he knew what was happening.

Wrangler95

Hangnail said:
Does someone here that likes to think he's Vegas East think the vols beat Alabama if Dobbs starts that game?

You tell us Tennessee fans what you think,I know Dobbs out scored the pacaderms or elephants for you Alabama fans.You all probably don't know what a pacaderm is lol

Hangnail

I keep trying to tell you vols that for whatever reason, Alabama gets up big and throws it into neutral, then can't shift it back into drive. They did it again against MSU. So no, I don't think the vols would have beaten Alabama if Dobbs had started. I also don't think your defense can stop a decent offense.

Wrangler, you got me. I have no idea what the hell a pacaderm is. Judging by your previous posts, I'll assume you mean "pachyderm". Dang hillbillies.

TeamMainStreet

Throws into nuetral = not as good as they think they are. They are gonna throw it into nuetral one too many times. What happens to Bama when Amari Cooper gets hurt? They are gonna really be grabbing for gears trying to downshift then.

As for the Hillbilly comment. I am going to assume that you have some sort of post high school education Hangnail, as you seem like a pretty educated person. Not only is an educated Bama fan almost as rare as hen teeth, they are some of the most annoying fans in America. Since Nick Saban has been at Bama, these type fans act like every other college football fans in the country owe them something because they are smart and Bama wins.

Spurhunter

TeamMainStreet said:
Not only is an educated Bama fan almost as rare as hen teeth, they are some of the most annoying fans in America.

I know a few Alabama grads. They are humble, good sports, and not sore winners at all. They hate the 85% more than Auburn fans do, because the bandwagon fans make them look bad. The 85% are nothing like the people with actual ties to the school. They are perfectly illustrated in the "God made a bammer" video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLZA_Z_OEec

TeamMainStreet

Spurhunter said:
TeamMainStreet said:
Not only is an educated Bama fan almost as rare as hen teeth, they are some of the most annoying fans in America.

I know a few Alabama grads. They are humble, good sports, and not sore winners at all. They hate the 85% more than Auburn fans do, because the bandwagon fans make them look bad. The 85% are nothing like the people with actual ties to the school. They are perfectly illustrated in the "God made a bammer" video.

I'm willing to bet Hangnail is not an Alabama grad.

Spurhunter

TeamMainStreet said:
Spurhunter said:
TeamMainStreet said:

I'm willing to bet Hangnail is not an Alabama grad.

I was speaking of Alabama grads in general. I wouldn't take your bet. :)

Hangnail

TeamMainStreet said:
Throws into nuetral = not as good as they think they are. They are gonna throw it into nuetral one too many times. What happens to Bama when Amari Cooper gets hurt? They are gonna really be grabbing for gears trying to downshift then.

As for the Hillbilly comment. I am going to assume that you have some sort of post high school education Hangnail, as you seem like a pretty educated person. Not only is an educated Bama fan almost as rare as hen teeth, they are some of the most annoying fans in America. Since Nick Saban has been at Bama, these type fans act like every other college football fans in the country owe them something because they are smart and Bama wins.

Internet Insult Rule #1- If you're going to insult someone's intelligence, don't misspell words in the post.

If "hillbilly" is too strong, try "Gump" for grins and get back to me.

Whether Alabama is not that good, we'll see. Nobody has a better roster, player for player. Not anyone. They don't get up on people and forget how to play football. They coast because they think they're that good and they aren't. It's the players I'm speaking of, not that the coaches coast. Once you lose the fire, it's tough to get it back. We all know there isn't that much difference in everyone's #1's, it's the depth that is hard to overcome.

You have no idea what an arrogant fan base is until you're an Alabama fan living among vol fans during a good vol run. Really, you have no idea. Personally, I think I'm pretty tame as a Bama fan. I rarely poke the vol fans with Alabama as the stick, but rather use the gators as they have a longer streak going. This board is a target rich environment with back slapping vol fans trying to rewrite history of games gone by and reading palms for the future. You have to admit, calling the vol offense unstoppable after lighting up Kentucky playing their eigth straight game is a stretch. The Gamecock win doesn't look particularly great this year either. Beat Missouri and I'll pat the vols on the back. Surely if Indiana can beat them, the vols can.

TeamMainStreet

Your always poking. Just about everything you post in here is on a thread related to UT and it almost always suggests that Bama is the greatest and TN football is laughable.

How long has it been since TN has had a good run? How long has it been since Bama has had a bad run? It's been way too long on both accounts. If you truly remember the days when Alabama football left a lot to be desired, let me ask you this. Did true Alabama fans including yourself sit back and say "yep, we suck nothing good to talk about here". I highly doubt it. When they started turning it around, did fans not start taking notice and start talking more encouraging about their team?

I never said the Vol offense was unstoppable. The fact is that Joshua Dobbs and TN has put up 115 points and well over 1,000 yds of offense against 3 SEC teams including Alabama. In less than 3 whole games. Is he unstoppable? I wouldn't say that. Bama beat TN. Good for them. They can go on their way to the playoffs, NC, whatever. Nothing TN has done after playing Bama is relevant to them now, so why would it matter to you if we did beat two mediocre teams? Why does it matter to you if we can possibly win 6 games and go to a bowl? I've only got two guesses as to why. #1- Either you see what TN is becoming and you are scared or #2- You feel the need to come in here and assert your Bama dominance. It's Ok. If you are scared just say it.

The pat on the back is not needed or wanted if we beat Mizzou.

TeamMainStreet

leader said:

To the OP question

Any bowl appearance with 6 wins or 7 wins is the goal.

Hangnail

As I said in my other post on the subject, you have no idea what it's like being an Alabama fan when things are bad. Being ranked out of the gate at #3 and only winning three games in 2000 was particularly painful. Watching the slow melt after Bryant was tough. Stallings was a nice reprieve from mediocrity, then it returned and promptly got worse.

Wrangler was the one that said the vol offense was unstoppable and a couple of other things I referenced, not you, so lighten up.

I haven't beaten the vols over the head with Alabama by any stretch of the imagination. You're just ultrasensitive about the matter.

I'll leave the sports forum to you vol fans. You guys seem to need a group hug so I'll butt out and let you do what you're going to do in peace.

BamaProud

The vols should want to win as many games as possible and also beat the best team possible in a Bowl if they make it that far. Outside of the Vol fan base they still have a long way to go to get respect back in the College Football world. They are doing well in recruiting, but only wins gain respect....not close loses, or winning quarters of games, or recruiting...WINS.

Its Mid November and Tennessee isn't even bowl eligible yet.

Latest posts