? For Glock Gurus

Plateau Hunter

Thinking I'm needing a 'compact' handy .45ACP for homeland defense, occasional carry, pickup console, or night stand. I want a .45 and I want a Glock-others need not apply-lol. So what are your thoughts on the G36 vs the G30SF-pros, cons, preferences. Currently I'm leaning toward the 36. What say you?

Deerhunter

Have you looked at the 30s? It has the thinner slide of the 36 but takes the same mags as the 30 and 21. I carried a 30 for several years before switching to a G19 and shield9. Both are great little guns but I'd take the 30 sf or 30s over the 36 just for the extra capacity.

TNReb

I would go with the G30S personally. I prefer to have the extra rounds and never really fell in love with the feel of the G36.

Ultimately, you can't go wrong with either gun. Choose the one that feels best to you.

Plateau Hunter

Seems like of those 2 the 30 is preferred by y'all. Infoman you are probably right and I have this one already but I don't want to put more wear nor risk on this old 1925 commercial model.
photo_zpsa48e099f.jpg

infoman jr.

I hear ya! I have a 1954 Colt that stays in the safe. My grandpa bought it new.

I keep a G22 as my bedside/truck gun, but with no particular restrictions on storage space, a full-size gun is a lot easier to shoot quickly and accurately.

Plateau Hunter

And my G23 ain't no slouch-I have owned it since 1990 or so but just wanting another Glock and moving to the classic thumper, the .45ACP. Just shot this target a few minutes ago- it has a G22 mag in it.

photo_zpsa636ef38.jpg

W C

I've had a G30 for 10 years or longer. It's not as thin as the G30s but it's a sweet little gun. It's a little heavy for concealed carry but for your intentions it would be great. Mine has night sights, Titanium striker, trigger work and LaserMax guide rod laser. It's the most accurate out-of-the-box handgun I believe I've ever shot.

Latest posts