Rem700 Gurus?

Spurhunter

I have a Remington 700 that I'd like more information on. I used the 2 letter code on the barrel to determine year it was made (2011), but I'm wondering what the serial number will tell me, if anything. I've searched some on the web, but it seems everyone is just looking for year of manufacture. Will the serial number tell me if it's a CDL, mountain rifle, etc.?

Jcalder

You should be able to email Remington with the serial number and they could tell you what model you have. The issue is how many times has Remington changed hands in the last few years and if they kept their records. I would think they have in todays world.

TNRifleman

I have a Remington 700 that I'd like more information on. I used the 2 letter code on the barrel to determine year it was made (2011), but I'm wondering what the serial number will tell me, if anything. I've searched some on the web, but it seems everyone is just looking for year of manufacture. Will the serial number tell me if it's a CDL, mountain rifle, etc.?
Throw up some pics and we may be able to help. Jason is roght about contacting Remington. They should be able to tell you if records were kept.

Spurhunter

20230407_111702.jpg

20230407_111657.jpg

DaveTN

What is the diameter of that barrel at the muzzle?

.565 (Mountain Contour), .652 (Standard BDL) or .820 (Heavy barrel).

That appears to me to be a CDL. Due to the matt finish.

I thought the CDL had a white stripe around the black tip on the stock, but maybe not.

Spurhunter

What is the diameter of that barrel at the muzzle?

.565 (Mountain Contour), .652 (Standard BDL) or .820 (Heavy barrel).

That appears to me to be a CDL. Due to the matt finish.

I thought the CDL had a white stripe around the black tip on the stock, but maybe not.
She's back in the safe where the queens go, but when I have time I'll get her out and measure the barrel.

TiminTN

Nice rifle in a fine caliber. I got a 700 single shot short action I`m planning a 7mm08 on it and throat it out, because no magazine to limit OAL. But then I got 280AI reamer, 284 Win, 284 Shehane, Lordy mercy.

Latest posts