Float n fly

Chiflyguy

Got some money burning a hole in my pocket.
Looking to put a combo together.
I'm loving this year round fishin.
Isn't it possible to use something like an ACC crappie stick so I can get more use out of it?
Suggestions?
I fish Norris exclusively.

XCR-2

If you can find an old browning rod somewhere I'd buy it if I were you. They specifically made one for fnf. But you can for sure use a longer crappie rod for that technique.

Chiflyguy

If you can find an old browning rod somewhere I'd buy it if I were you. They specifically made one for fnf. But you can for sure use a longer crappie rod for that technique.
Went to Tom's in Morristown .
Got a 10' Shimano Convergence and a Lews Mach 2.
That is an awesome bait shop.
I'll be the idiot on Norris tommorow morning.😀

XCR-2

Fluorocarbon sinks. Not good when using a floater. Guess you could use braid to fluoro. You just need a light enough line that your jig pulls the line through the float. Fluorocarbon by itself won't work.

XCR-2

You'll figure it out. If you use fluoro between your float and reel, the slack line will sink making it almost impossible to set the hook due to your line being 10 ft or so below the surface. Just get some mono to start with. No bigger than 6lb I'd say. It's a crappie set up. The crappie fisherman are actually the ones that figured out it would catch bass just as good as crappie.

Latest posts