Expectations for next year

richmanbarbeque

Not trying to get to deep in a topic but what do you expect next year for a hunting season?

I expect a great year for hunting. I can't see having anothery year of weird weather, huge acorn crop and poor deer sightings.

I know it is impossible to predict but what do you think?

JCDEERMAN

We are due for a normal year. We have had nothing recently but "severe" years....anywhere from heat and droughts - cooler and wet years. Hopefully, mother nature will allow a year of some rain in the summer and fall, with cooler temperatures come rut time.

I expect there to be a good number of bigger and older bucks. And I hope they will be investigating our newly cut 70 acre select cut patches. Hopefully they will get very comfortable with them :)

Mike Belt

Who knows. I only know where I was hunting has to be better than last year. I've racked up 5 years hunting there and last year was nothing to compare to the first 4 years with all things being the same except for all the rain we had last year. I enjoyed not having to water the yard as much and the cooler summer temps but I'd opt for the average year over what it "appeared" to do to the deer hunting. So-o-o-o I'd say since it can't get much worse than last season it can only get better.

Football Hunter

One thing I was wondering,I saw nothing in the afternoons about the time mzl started,Heard the same from many otheres.Wonder why?I know the easy answer is pressure,but I dont really think that I had that much pressure around me.AAnd,there is always pressure during gun,this year seemed different.Any body else see the same.

UPSman

2-Step Enabled
I just hope to see 3 more deer than I saw this year. Seeing 6 deer isn't asking for too much.

richmanbarbeque

The Good news is that the odds are in our favor. I am planning for a great season.

I will do everything I can to prep for it and if it happens I'm prepared and if not I will blaim Al Gore like I do for everything else.

BSK

richmanbarbeque said:
The Good news is that the odds are in our favor. I am planning for a great season.

I will do everything I can to prep for it and if it happens I'm prepared and if not I will blaim Al Gore like I do for everything else.

As a cousin and I say every year, whether the conditions are good or bad doesn't matter. We will be out there in a tree either way. Let the chips fall where they may.

8 POINTS OR BETTER

Mine are not as high as they where for this last year, because most of my hunting will be during bow season and late gun season. I will miss most of the pre-rut and rut.

Baxter83

My buddy and I got a few pictures of a couple spikes, a 4pt, and a nice little 8pt within the last 3 weeks of the season on his property. We plan on doing some work on the property for the first time since it was logged in the late 90's to try to get some shooting lanes at the very least. I know that there are deer in there and there are several that made it through the season so I'm optimistic! :)

Latest posts