Food Plots Equipment question

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
I agree with what everyone else says about 4wd. I think it is a must for FEL and hills, and it also helps out a light tractor. I've run 2wd tractors on flat ground with no issues unless the loader is full, and not enough ballast on the 3 point. I've also forgot to put my tractor in 4wd going down my hill to the bottom plot, and had trouble getting it stopped.

backyardtndeer

Mine is 2wd and I have some steep hills to climb. Problem isn't going up but going down in when it's soft and wet, usually in the winter. There's times 4wd would be nice but my tractor is 65 years old and does all I ask it to do.
Lock mine in 4wd coming down some hills on our place. And yes, with a bale of hay on the front or a bucket full of dirt or gravel, the back end can come off the ground rendering the brakes useless on a 2 wd. I keep my tiller on the back all fall and winter, just to act as a counterweight, and even still have the back end want to come off the ground in some spots with a load on the front.

Pioneer1789

Yes, basically
Yep, a 2wd will do bout anything you need. We have some 20-25 degree slopes on our farm here in East TN. When I grew up, we were on reasonably flat ground and the 2wds were just fine. Where I am now and after having 4wd, I don't think I'd ever go back. Guess everyone just needs to buy the right equipment for the ground they're working.