End of Christmas vacation hunt success!

duckduck84

Re: End of Christmas vacation hunt success!

Hunter 257W":mxe31m19 said:
duckduck84":mxe31m19 said:
Hunter 257W":mxe31m19 said:
Congratulations and good shooting! What puzzles me though is no exit using a 308 and non lead bullet? I would expect such a hard bullet to always pass through on a broadside shot like that!
I thought the same thing. I initially assumed I misjudged the angle she was standing, but from where her guts were clipped she would have had to have been standing almost facing me and that wasn't the case. It was odd for sure.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

I guess it just shows that if you shoot enough deer you're liable to see anything. :) The only non-lead bullet I've had stay inside a deer was on a young buck that I shot quartering towards me at around 175 yards using the Barnes .257 100 grain TTSX. It passed through the chest cavity and hit the front end of the pelvic bones completely shattering it. There was no exit hole so I was excited to see what the bullet looked like. Well as it often goes, it was darned cold that morning and when I gutted the deer I was in a big hurry to finish and clean my hands off so I never found the bullet.
This was a .308 150 grain Federal power-shok soft point. I had the same idea of trying to find the bullet, but I did not want to dig through all this. Even with gloves on lol

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Latest posts