East tn rut

dmccallie

Any body seeing any chasing roan , meigs, loudon area? Saw young buck cruising today . Haven't seen much in roan an meigs

WORM82

Seen small bucks with does sat evening then sun evening 11/14 seen a small buck cruising at 4pm then in the last 20 mins of shooting light had a decent 6 or 8pt chase a doe all over a cudzu patch

SES

The 8 I killed last Sunday in Knox county was with 2 other similar sized bucks. Hopefully this cold snap will get them going. I'm taking off work tomorrow for an all day sit, if necessary

UCStandSitter

Plateau area hasn't shown much sign of rut activity so far other than a lil cruisin. I really thought Saturday would be the day. Weather seemed perfect. Cams kept sending me pics of does all bunched up though. Gotta get goin this week one would imagine.

1jamey

I'm not seeing any in Hawkins other than a couple roadkill does. I've only found 1 scrape that just opened in the last few days. Weird season so far!!!!!

AM84

Just across the line in SW VA. I've seen very little activity and even less deer sign. Like mentioned above five seen several scrapes opened in the last 3 days. It's weird, the deer are there, I get many pictures and see them. But if I walked on my property today for the first time and scouted by the lack of sign (any sign really) I would tell you no deer on the property.

However, Yesterday I saw 21 deer from my stand with 7 being bucks. They were feeding together with does, not acting the least bit interested in each other.

Something has to break free soon I would think.

SwampChicken

Scrapes are finally starting to get hit pretty good and daytime buck movement has increased significantly over the last week. I think it's about to get right any day now, taking off Wednesday and Friday to hunt from sun up to sun down if necessary. Monroe County

Hawk103161

Ditto for Scott. Just finding opening Scrapes very few rub's. Nothing cruising. Anderson County Nothing either. Mature Doe's still bunched up. 4 pointer aimlessly wandering through the woods. Smelling this and that. Nothing following the Doe's...Soon very soon. gonna be doing some all day sits starting tomorrow. Better be there when it happens..

rtaylor

On Saturday I saw 3 bucks running does hard. Sunday I had 11 does in my food plot for an hour and no bucks. I don't know what to think.

arctic_cat

Any body seeing any chasing roan , meigs, loudon area? Saw young buck cruising today . Haven't seen much in roan an meigs
Had a young buck chasing a doe in my neighborhood in Lenoir City Sunday. Ran right across my yard and driveway with me standing right there by the truck. Other than that I don't hunt in the area.

Latest posts