EAST TN REPORT

DRSJ35

I was just wondering what people in the eastern half are seeing .Does it seem like your seeing less or more deer.Is it heating up in your area.

lungpuncher1

Seeing good amount of deer as far as numbers. Does all still grouped up, fawns still with them. Little bucks 1.5 & 2.5yo are cruising but its still a week or more away i think. This is in far east Tennessee. No sign of ehd here.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

bucksolo

Fresh scrapes on the ground this weekend..little bucks cruising...mature still nocturnal on my cameras...1 more week should be full bore.

superdeerhunter

I saw three pretty good eights Saturday had there noses to the ground checking every doe in that area. One smaller eight was chasing pretty hard. Didn't see any small bucks per say I think these bigger deer had pushed them out

DntBrnDPig

I'm in Bradley County and started seeing young bucks cruising. I don't have mature bucks on camera.. even at night.. So hopefully in the next week or so we'll see some new bucks show up.

TreyB

DntBrnDPig":2v9n7pl4 said:
I'm in Bradley County and started seeing young bucks cruising. I don't have mature bucks on camera.. even at night.. So hopefully in the next week or so we'll see some new bucks show up.

Same here... Buddy shot a giant Friday evening and lost blood. :bash:

Life at 20'

Here in Cocke Co, a fair number of smaller bucks, less does than last year. No rubs or scrapes that I have seen. Last year was much better IMO.....
Had a couple of GOOD Bucks on camera before season started but as usual they haven't shown themselves,....at least as of yet..

rtaylor

Saturday I saw 5 different bucks from little fork horns to pretty decent size bucks and all 5 were head down in a hard trot looking for does. I watched 2 of them harass does but the does did not seem interested.

Stykbow

Saw 9 deer Saturday morning. 6 does and 3 bucks. The 4 point was half heartedly chasing does. The other 2 bucks were together. This was in Campbell county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilverFox

I watched several bucks chasing does in the backyard Wednesday and Thursday. Went fishing Friday and Saturday so I didn't watch. Had them on camera again but couldn't tell what was going on from the pics. Bigger bucks showed up here on cam a couple weeks ago. Haven't seen any breeding but chasing and tree shaking all over along with running the smaller bucks off does. I saw the little 4 here today chasing a doe but they left the yard so who knows. Didn't see the bigger ones today but I was boat shopping all morning so I may have missed them.

Roane County / Anderson County line in Oak Ridge... I did see a good buck behind a doe on hwy 30 near Chickamauga Saturday on the way to the lake but I didn't see enough to know what was going on.

DRSJ35

I'm in greene county and what has been good stand sites for a few years now isn't so good this year.Some acorns still on the trees.mostly red oaks though.Its kind of spotty as of which trees have them.I really hate to chalk the less deer sightings up to EHD though.Iv'e heard its been bad in greene county though.I have seen some evidence myself.But i'm gonna put that in the back of my mind and keep hunting as much as i can.Your season can be turned around in seconds.

foodplot

It's starting to heat up in south Roane/Loudon.... seen a chase this morning on side of road in field on way to work.... on the way home saw a 6pt standing on side of road looking into a field never looked my direction and i passed 8 feet from him....I would say we will be in prime time within a week...

knightrider

From Wednesday to Friday afternoon the rut faries flipped the switch, saw three searching Friday saw six different bucks in two hours Saturday looking hard for does. Claiborne

JordanUnderscor

I haven't seen anything more than a couple does. I hunt morgan county and apparently blue tongue has wiped a good amount of the deer population out.

Latest posts