E-bikes

deerkiller300wsm

What are your opinions? I never really paid attention to them before. But I had the chance to use one last weekend and was very impressed! Man, I don't want to spend $4k on one!!!!!! Anyone have any experiences with any other brands other than Quiet Kat? There are tons out there and I wonder if they are just as good, or if it is a "get what you pay for" kinda thing.

JCDEERMAN

Do a search on this site for them. There's been a lot of talk on them. I too am thinking about getting one, but before I do, I'll be reading up on past posts about them here first. If I remember correctly, several that were recommended were under $2k before taxes

Ski

I've been threatening to buy one for three years now. I'd love to have some quiet to get me to the top of the ridge so I'm not so sweaty, but I'm not confident they'd have the power to pull my lard up 200ft in elevation on a steep slope.

XCR-2

I have one and love it! It's a brand called XOE, guy in Pennsylvania builds them. He's a top notch man to deal with. Mine is a 1000w mid drive bafang with a torque gear. He has it programmed to 1580w. Bought the Rambo trailer/deer cart to go with it. It will pull hills, just not steep ones. Whatever you do get a mid drive. Buddy has a hub drive and it won't pull anything like mine. They're for flat land. It'll run 31 mph on flat road unloaded. The torque gear really helps on hills and pulling deer out with the trailer.

jlanecr500

I built mine last winter. I'm sure it doesn't have all the refinements of a quiet Kat but I only spent just under 2k. It has enough torque to lift the front wheel from a stop. It's geared single speed with a flat ground top speed of 12mph. It will pull hills that you really shouldn't climb on a bicycle. I have a 10 day hunt starting on rifle opener so itwill get stress tested.

Attachments

• 20221104_144145.jpg
    20221104_144145.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

Latest posts