E-Bike

jlanecr500

I have a Bakcou and can say it's a beast! Yes, it is expensive…but, like anything else you get what you pay for, and most will opt for cheaper…they have more problems, and I don't have time to deal with problems during deer season. You miss one hunt because your eBike is down and it could be the morning that shooter visits your stand. Not that all new eBikes aren't reliable, but how long will it be before you have issues. Bakcou is designed and built by hunters. I have the Bakcou Storm and zero regrets about spending the extra. Whatever your choice, best of luck!
The Bakcou bikes use a Bafang mid drive Ultra model. It requires a mounting plate. My first plans were to cut my frame and install one but then I found out that Bafang changed the firmware to stop settings changes and also the BBSHD makes the same power. The controller is integrated into both motors and they share the same batteries and display units. Electronics aside, the Bakcou is just a fat tire mountain bike.
BAFANG M620 G510 1000W Motor : 48V 52V 1000W Mid Drive Kit with DPC18 Display & Downtube Battery or Rear Rack Battery (Optional), DIY Hanging Electric Bike Conversion Kit for Mountain Road City Bikes Amazon product ASIN B09CCY9CNQ

13pt

The Bakcou bikes use a Bafang mid drive Ultra model. It requires a mounting plate. My first plans were to cut my frame and install one but then I found out that Bafang changed the firmware to stop settings changes and also the BBSHD makes the same power. The controller is integrated into both motors and they share the same batteries and display units. Electronics aside, the Bakcou is just a fat tire mountain bike.
BAFANG M620 G510 1000W Motor : 48V 52V 1000W Mid Drive Kit with DPC18 Display & Downtube Battery or Rear Rack Battery (Optional), DIY Hanging Electric Bike Conversion Kit for Mountain Road City Bikes Amazon product ASIN B09CCY9CNQ
I think that's perfect for those who have the time and mechanically inclined. I'm sure I could eventually figure it out, but don't have the time to figure it out. So, in my case I need it all put together (or at least most of it), and a company warranty so I don't have hassle if something goes wrong…along with tech support which I've had to use a couple times already. Yep, I pay more going that route, but same reason I don't buy cars, ATV's, lawnmowers, etc that require me to shop and buy a bunch of parts to get them running. I do envy your skills and time available to put them to good use…kudos.

jlanecr500

I think that's perfect for those who have the time and mechanically inclined. I'm sure I could eventually figure it out, but don't have the time to figure it out. So, in my case I need it all put together (or at least most of it), and a company warranty so I don't have hassle if something goes wrong…along with tech support which I've had to use a couple times already. Yep, I pay more going that route, but same reason I don't buy cars, ATV's, lawnmowers, etc that require me to shop and buy a bunch of parts to get them running. I do envy your skills and time available to put them to good use…kudos.
Ebikes, even the purpose built ones, are still in their infancy. They are basically electrified bicycles. As time goes on they will evolve and get better. Ive ridden dirtbikes since the late 70's so I've seen them evolve first hand. What went from lasting a year of competition now lasts much longer. I'm considering building another one with 20" fat tires to obtain a lower seat height that will allow the riders feet to be flat on the ground with knees slightly bent. The smaller wheels wouldn't ride as good but the bike would be much safer in off camber and other compromising circumstances. The Addmotor Motan would be awesome with a mid drive.
I hunted last season with an ebike I bought for my wife. It did a good job but the hub motor isn't powerful enough for the hills here in the east. It would be perfect for less hilly areas. It has the beefiest hydraulic brakes I've seen on any bike. They are quite powerful.

Folding Electric Bikes for Adults 750W, Peak 1000W TESGO STT-S Fat Tire EBike 31Mph with 48V 15AH Battery, 20" Bike Fork & Hydraulic Brakes, Shimano 8-Speed Gears Electric Bicycles, [UL Certified] Amazon product ASIN B09Q38JZ8C

Last edited:

Latest posts