Duck blind drawing question

drake799

They're gonna have to make it where more than one person is "drawed" for a blind. There gonna be thousands of people accumulating points in this new system that don't hunt at all. Cousin Eddie and dead aunt Betty trying to draw for whoever and their crews to come hunt. TWRA has ruined our hunting

WilcoKen

I came across this old article from Mr Simms earlier today. The number of no shows was a shame. I really wonder if this will happen on a much, much larger scale with this new draw. I tend to think a lot of these Tier 2 blinds will go to waste this year. It will be interesting to see what they do with them if the situation described in the article happens this year.

Last edited:

drake799

Nothings gonna happen IMO. If no one shows it just means they have that much less to worry about. Been like that at Crockett for years. Bet half them Holes sit empty every day. Maybe more. Dang shame. A man use to be able to pull up out there and go hunt anytime he wanted. All TWRA keeps doing is REDUCING our opportunities to hunt. But guess as long as they can keep them locals from occupying them guess they're happy

GUNNERX2

If those that put in for the draw had some skin in the game they might think twice about what they put in for and if they are drawn, they might twice about not showing up. I've not ever not shown up when I got drawn for a hunt at Thorny even though the conditions were less than optimal.

Stlbaseball1

Is this true? I wouldn't think being drawn for the first draw would prevent you from being able to be drawn for the 2nd or 3rd?

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
My understanding is if you aren't drawn for 1st draw you may enter 2nd & 3rd. If you aren't drawn for 1st & 2nd you may enter 3rd.

Only success in the Tier I draw disqualifies you. I never read anything in the guide about drawing in other segments messing you up.

bluewinged46er

Ruger I made my picks and submitted the application and got the confirmation email. I just went back in there and clicked manage and I still see "Add party members" button so I guess you can add after choosing the hunts.
I did the same, and was able to add others, and others were able to use the party # to join my party. I thought the selection process worked well since I added all of my choices and then used "drag and drop" to place them in the order I wanted.

Latest posts