Drones and Fairchase Hunting

BSK

I've been wondering when this topic would come up. I've been mulling it over in my mind for some time.

Bone Collector

I don't like it. I think it would be unfair to use this in real time to track an animal ASSUMING you could find it. I know some will argue that it would be hard, but if you did find it it would not be hard to determine where it was going and cut it off as well as monitor it to make adjustments as necessary. you could also use it like they said int he article to push deer or other game to you.

MattR

They are way behind on this issue. I already have a gun mounted my UAV.

And... I've been herding deer using a remote control car since the remote ranged started reaching out to 50 yds.

tn droptine

I've been flying UAVs (drones) for about eleven years now. When I was stationed at Ft Polk, I had a sergeant that tried to keep a log of every deer that we would see while we were flying. Don't think he ever had any luck, but I always wondered if it was just because he wasn't much of a hunter.

Who knows, in a few years if they allow them more in civil airspace, with my drone experience maybe BSK will hire me to do surveys for him :grin:

landman

There's already laws on the books about using them, we have see it in Real Estate, the one big thing is you can not fly one with in 5 miles of any airport, never get over 400 high. A lot is being looked at into over privacy laws too, are you looking at someone else's property? The a good write up about them in Progressive Farmer this month, brings up some NOT talked about, many states are writing laws to get groups like PETA animal rights groups from using them. Could they use them to divert game away from hunters?

And if your hunting FT C this year, except to see them out there
in force in the future, a Super Hanger is building built to run them out of, Black Money Project, some military some are being said to CIA training

Latest posts