DPMS Panther

Jon54

Long story short, my son owned a DPMS Panther AR type rifle. He moved to Buffalo and basically gave it to me as it is not allowed in his new home. I haven't a clue how to operate one and too embarrassed to go to the range and fumble around with it. He has a new Burris FastFire III on it but its never been sighted in. Suggestions on how to learn about these? I'm probably the only member on this forum to have never touched one.

BULL MOOSE

I had never touched one till few years ago. They sure do operate good and are fun.

I have considered adding a larger caliber with smaller magazine and deer hunting with it.

Just play with it unloaded and you will figure it out quick. Watch a couple of YouTube videos.

DaveB

Give me a PM, I am in Cordova we is close.

I carried one for 18 months and to this day I hate them but I do own & shoot one.

Plus I have a son in the Army reserve and he can gie you a good class. Then you can go to MSSA and shoot the thing.

Jon54

DaveB":2tdfgrq8 said:
Give me a PM, I am in Cordova we is close.

I carried one for 18 months and to this day I hate them but I do own & shoot one.

Plus I have a son in the Army reserve and he can gie you a good class. Then you can go to MSSA and shoot the thing.
Are you a member of MSSA?

280longshot

If you don't plan to shoot it much, sell it.
I have a DPMS also, very accurate rifles.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

BULL MOOSE

280longshot":3nm5q367 said:
If you don't plan to shoot it much, sell it.
I have a DPMS also, very accurate rifles.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I don't shoot mine much, but I got a few so I am ready if the shooting does start. With prices down, I have thought about arming my own militia.

lothar

MUP":2a35unxp said:
I purchased a DPMS Panther for my daughter and it literally can shoot same hole accuracy at 100yds. And that's with her shooting it too...that girl can shoot. :)
What ammo are you shooting out of it? I bought one for my boys to deer hunt with and I can't get it to shoot real good.

MUP

lothar":qvlcq3gb said:
MUP":qvlcq3gb said:
I purchased a DPMS Panther for my daughter and it literally can shoot same hole accuracy at 100yds. And that's with her shooting it too...that girl can shoot. :)
What ammo are you shooting out of it? I bought one for my boys to deer hunt with and I can't get it to shoot real good.

I'm pretty sure it was Hornady, but we haven't had it out in a while so I'd have to double check that. 55gr tho I'm pretty sure. She could sure out shoot me tho with my Bushmaster.

Tiny

Could always go to local gun shop

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts