DP Bait

Union Co. Boy

My buddy's son has actually been using dry dog food and/or cat food and has absolutely worn them out! I always used the cheapest canned fish I could buy, and it worked really well too. I know guys who swear by marshmallows as well, but the cat or dog food seems to be a good bet.

ADR

I like marshmallows as well but on very few occasions I've had ants find the bait before the raccoons. I've never caught a skunk and have heard that cat food will increase that likelihood.

TN1BUCK

I have good luck with fish food pellets from tractor supply. Topped off with peanut butter. I use a cap on the traps to keep house cats from slapping them over. Also make the bait last longer, keeps rain out.

jman 125

My buddy's son has actually been using dry dog food and/or cat food and has absolutely worn them out! I always used the cheapest canned fish I could buy, and it worked really well too. I know guys who swear by marshmallows as well, but the cat or dog food seems to be a good bet.
Skunks eat turkey eggs to so they got to go

tellico4x4

Got a buddy in FL that has already caught over 30 so far this year & he swears by licorice. Buys a big bag of sticks from TSC and cuts them in small pieces. Gonna try it on a couple weeks.

I like to put an empty tuna fish can upside down over my traps to keep our rain, plus it adds a little smell

Planking

Dog food and marshmellows. Trapper J's mix of peanut butter, cat food, maple syrup and mini marshmellows looks like a good bait to try.

rem270

I started out using some kind of bait that my buddy makes and sells. Caught a coon the first night out and none since. Changed it up yesterday and kept up with what I put in my sets. Caught these 2 today over sardines, marshmallows, and a bit of peanut butter around the edge.

I had my buddy's bait in 3 traps plus marshmallows and didn't get touched. Another one with sardines didn't get touched.

Just swapped everything behind my house to sardines, small marshmallows, and peanut butter on the rim of the trap. Hopefully that changes things back here.

20240101_102338.jpg

hammer33

Cheapest dry catfood I can find, plus a pack or two of unsweetened berry Koolaid. mix together in a big jar and you are good to go.
Fill the trap 1/2 full, sprinkle a little on the ground around the trap then cover the trap with a paper cup.
I used to squirt some fish oil around, then switched to leftover fryer oil when I ran out. Now I don't bother with the oil and my catches have gone down about 5%.
If I was trapping for $$ then the stinky oil would be used.

Latest posts