Mixed bag in the DP's today

rem270

First time catching a 🦨. That was interesting. 2 raccoons (1 not pictured), possum, and stinking skunk.

It's rained everyday from Monday to Saturday so had to reset one foot hold and move another due to water. Gonna get 6 more out this week.

Going to check behind the house here in a bit.

I know we were talking in another post this week about rain and keeping food in DP's. I baited all of these last Sunday and didn't rebait until today. Using sardines, mini marshmallows, and peanut butter on the rim. It rained almost all day, every single day up through yesterday.

Hated finding the coon like this but he got in the DP over night some time. I did shorten the cables up on this one and 2 more.
20240128_132148.jpg

20240128_130427.jpg

20240128_125935.jpg

20240128_132704.jpg

double browtine

Been too busy to get any traps out so far. Maybe I can get some out this weekend and get the kids to check them throughout next week. I always have great luck with a 50/50 mix of dry cat food and lucky charms cereal for the dog proof traps. Just mix it together in a ziplock bag or a 2 liter bottle.

For live traps back when I used to coon hunt, we would take a piece of bread and coat it with peanut butter and grape jelly then add 4 marshmallows. That always seemed to catch only coons and not possums or skunks. We used to catch us a coon, turn it loose and then wait 5 minutes and then let the young dogs tree it.

Latest posts