Done with BH209 (for now)

vonb

Loose 777 has always treated me well. I tried BH209 and didn't care for it. If I want something close to smokeless, I'll shoot smokeless in my Savage ML.

squirrel_hunter

I went to blackhorn. I still have several cans of 777. Besides all the blackhorn i have. No more than i shoot my muzzle loader. It will last me a lifetime. But the idea of smokeless powder.

backyardtndeer

Have used triple 7 with my accura for years. I did pick up a jug of blackhorn probably 6 years ago, but have never even opened it.

Last edited:

FLTENNHUNTER1

I've used 777 pellets for years with great accuracy and kills. After my incident last year at 6 yards, I'm moving to BH209. I'll get 700 more foot pounds of energy and that deer would of dropped in his tracks. Instead, he made a 1100 yard track and found him 3 months later. Just bought two 8oz containers for $56 each. I would have paid $1000 to of found that deer in the moment. I totally get it, but it's all about perspective.
What was the incident at 6 yards?

jlanecr500

I was going to buy a blue scout. But the guy said he didnt have a muzzle brake for one. Only for a stainless one. I am putting a Leopold 3x9x40mm Muzzle Loader. A ultimate slam scope on my optima . I could get used to a smokeless one . What powder are you using? Imr 4198? Just guessing?
Why would you want a brake ? 55 to 60gr of 4198 and a 250gr bullet isn't bad to shoot. With a brake, you will either load powder thru a funnel or remove the brake to pour in powder. None of the sml's that I carry in the woods have a brake

squirrel_hunter

My neice will use it during youth season. Plus she is small for her age. And her parents dont hunt. She likes hunting . So a good way to keep her out of trouble. And my wife wants to try using a ML late season.

Latest posts