Does anyone else get a feeling?

Ski

My wife died Dec 12 2012 . Before that i never killed anything but small rag horned bucks ( i lived in South Fl) 4 days later i was supposed to hunt with a group of guys and every single one cancelled on me . I went and sat anyway . I was just thinking about my wife and how much i missed her and why God took her from me and how much she endured and i look up and the biggest buck i have seen was standing right in front of me !!!! I shot him and he droped . I looked up and said thank you honey . Both my wife and God smiled on me that day !!!! I look at that deer ever day on my wall

That's amazing. The man upstairs knows what you need, when you need it.

jaybird62

Ever heard of the "sixth sense"? I've given this phenomena a lot of thought over the years. I have experienced this many, many times. But, it doesn't always end in a kill. It does at least end in a close encounter. I think it comes from a lot of time in the woods and getting "in tune" with nature. I think that the sixth sense comes from all of the well-known five senses combining into a single highly-tuned, primitive sensory force. Ever been in a dangerous situation, that in and of itself didn't seem dangerous, where your hair and skin got goose bumps? That's the survival aspect of the sixth sense.

The day after Christmas 2000, I was hunting with "Bear" Dunn, who owned Trax America, the maker of the Grizzly deer stands. We were at his club behind the levee at Tunica for a few days of hunting. The first morning hunt it was 25 degrees at daylight. Even though I had seen more than 30 deer in a big food plot 300 yards away the evening before, that morning I saw zilch. I sat there huddled against the cold until well after 8:30. Suddenly, I got an overwhelming feeling that I needed to stand up, turn 180 degrees and get ready. I listened to the feeling. I stood and scanned the woods behind the sycamore for only a few seconds when a 3-year-old 8-pointer stepped over a log and into view about 80 yards away. No hesitation. The Model 7 was already to my shoulder. All I had to do was cheek the rifle and settle the crosshairs.

I've had similar experiences several times.

DMD

I have killed several good bucks when I was digging in my backpack or other such activities - just because I was bored, didn't think I was going to see anything, and had pretty much given up - but I'm stubborn, so I had refused to quit. Ironically, I've killed far more bucks when I didn't think it was going to happen, then when I was having high expectation of getting one. And ironically - because of that - when I feel like I'm not going to see anything, I get excited about the potential of seeing something. If that makes any sense. LOL.

BSK

And ironically - because of that - when I feel like I'm not going to see anything, I get excited about the potential of seeing something. If that makes any sense. LOL.
Makes perfect sense. I'm sort of the same way in that every time I think a hunt is going to be a bust, I think back to all those bucks I've killed at the end of "bust" hunts. Gives me motivation to stay on stand and stay alert.

DMD

Makes perfect sense. I'm sort of the same way in that every time I think a hunt is going to be a bust, I think back to all those bucks I've killed at the end of "bust" hunts. Gives me motivation to stay on stand and stay alert.
Exactly...you said it much more succinctly than I did. 👍 👍

JCDEERMAN

Yes and no. At times, I've felt like "something" was fixing to happen while on stand. It's sometimes felt the night before - that's an odd, but welcoming feeling. Other times, it's the exact opposite - I've felt discouraged and ready to pack everything up, and BAM! - there he is.

Wish it happened more often 🤣

ROUGH COUNTRY HUNTER

December 14,2020 was the coldest and windiest day I can remember hunting. I usually always sit those days out due to the fear of running a target buck off. Something just kept telling me to go and that it would be my chance to kill this dream buck. I went and the weather was brutal, wind just kept shifting directions and About 20 minutes left in the hunt, my dream buck came in with does. I am a very spiritual person and spend most of my time trying to listen to what the creator is telling me

Snake

I meant to add, I tend to get the feeling you are describing on Thanksgiving in particular. Every Thanksgiving I know I will kill a good deer--I just know it. In 25 years of deer hunting, it's happened once. Lol.
Biggest score wise I have killed came on a Thanksgiving morning in 1984 11 point . Killed a couple more on Thanksgiving but nothing special . Did kill a decent 8 point one Thanksgiving that has two white throat patches , made a pretty mount .

JN

The biggest buck I have ever shot was on a "feeling". I had hunted a location that morning and had not seen a deer. At about 10:00 am I just got this feeling i should get down and check a field on the way out that we had a stand at that overlooked the field and at 10:30 I shot the biggest deer I have ever seen chasing a doe. If I had not got that feeling to move I would have never seen this deer.

Attachments

• EF6DB153-09AA-4E1B-A22A-238FA8CA97BC.png
    EF6DB153-09AA-4E1B-A22A-238FA8CA97BC.png
    355.8 KB · Views: 40

Displaced_Vol

Yep. definitely this year. I usually pray a lot in hunting season but I hadn't been as good about it this deer season. I finally did my last hunt and ended up connecting on a nice little 9 pointer. I'll tell the whole long story in another thread but there was a definite, noticeable feeling right prior to me seeing him.

Latest posts