Doe poll

How many does did you harvest this year?

Votes: 70 43.2%

Votes: 42 25.9%

Votes: 23 14.2%

Votes: 9 5.6%

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • 5+

Votes: 12 7.4%

• Total voters

Stalkhunter

Shot 2 doe for freezer, very low buck sighting. I seen a totals of 15 doe on a small 33 acre farm and seen 9 in a group at one time.

Headhunter

Talked to a guy in KY this past weekend. He owns land north of where we hunt. He said he averages over 100 does a year. Was showing us pics of his fields full of does in the last couple weeks. And he for sure kills some super nice bucks. Guys that hunt his land killed 5 that grossed over 150" this year with 2 that grossed over 170". The farmers around where we hunt absolutely slaughter the deer. Couple of farmers kill 50 to 60 a year.

droptine

our lease in Virginia is in the DMAP program. we had 15 extra antlerless permits this year.
in addition, our county is in the Earn A Buck program.
when you kill a buck, you have to kill a doe before you can kill a second buck. another doe before the third buck.
you can kill 3 does early on and then not worry about having to kill a doe before the next buck. Been in that spot a few times and had good bucks i have had to let walk.

hitek7

I only killed one but had others shoot 8 more off our 340 acres. Would have been ok with shooting 1-2 more.

14 total bow kills so far this season. I've still got Alabama to finish up the year. These kills were mostly public land with a few scattered in for population problems in suburbs. The others were scattered over 3 states and several counties!