Do they work?

huntfish4life

th_2012-05-30090858.jpg
th_2012-05-30091005.jpg
th_2012-05-24094205.jpg
th_2012-05-30090911.jpg

tn droptine

In my opinion, all of the throw and grow varieties will in fact grow "something", but whether or not it is something that will be browsed very much is debatable. The higher quality and more preferred plant seeds are usually not included in a very high quantity in those seed mixes. Just a mix of high tolerant weed seed if you ask me. Just my .02

As for the acorn rage, haven't tried it. But doubt I ever will - sounds too hokey for me.

Football Hunter

Depends on what youn mean by "work".Most "throw and grow" type stuff is full of rye grass,very low on a deers list of preferred foods,but looks pretty.

Acorn rage,dont know,but Im sure they will eat it,mostly at night,and sure wont make em come running in for miles,I mean its only a small amount,a few does will eat it up in a night or 2,if that long.

TNDeerGuy

I won two bags of the bag-r-buck off of Doug Markham's radio show when it first came out on the market years ago. It worked, but honestly, I found that Trophy Rock or trace mineral salt gets much better results. Can't help you on the acorn rage. The throw & grow will grow something, as previously mentioned, but 90% of what it will grow is way, way down on a deer's preference list�also previously mentioned.

reloadxx

2-Step Enabled
As far as getting pic for the camera the crushed suger beats now i have poured that stuff out in front of my house in the morning and hung a camera up where i can see it from my house and have watched them run across the field to find it and they have never been feed before so it must have been the smell

richmanbarbeque

huntfish4life said:
To get the deer big,all that stuf has plenty of protein in it.

This will not get the deer "big". It will cost you money and make you feel good and that's about it. I would start with habitat management if I wanted to improve deer health in your area. Natural browse will help you almost year around not just a month or so. I use food plots for my entertainment and the deer benefit. If I want to concentrate on the deer I get my chainsaw out and in the spring I will have all kinds of quality food for the deer. Unfortunately the deer industry(every industry)tries to show us a "qick fix" or "immediate results." The only way to do it is with sweat equity and that takes time, IMO.

Football Hunter

richmanbarbeque said:
huntfish4life said:
To get the deer big,all that stuf has plenty of protein in it.

This will not get the deer "big". It will cost you money and make you feel good and that's about it. I would start with habitat management if I wanted to improve deer health in your area. Natural browse will help you almost year around not just a month or so. I use food plots for my entertainment and the deer benefit. If I want to concentrate on the deer I get my chainsaw out and in the spring I will have all kinds of quality food for the deer. Unfortunately the deer industry(every industry)tries to show us a "qick fix" or "immediate results." The only way to do it is with sweat equity and that takes time, IMO.
Agree 100%

Latest posts