Didn't know deer eat these

backyardtndeer

Never seen that before, but have seen turkeys eat snakes. Deer do eat the placenta after they have their fawns, not really the same but maybe somewhat similar, and it is that time of year....

BSK

Interestingly, many species of mammal eat their placenta. It is extremely rich in nutrients. Letting it lay on the ground is a huge waste of resources.

The crazy thing is, that's the new rage with young women giving birth - keeping, drying, grinding up and eating their placenta. Yuck!

BSK

Come on man !
I'm serious. It is highly touted and practiced among the "Natural Birth" zealotry crowd.

Although, from my observations, this whole Natural Birthing thing (giving birth in the bathtub at home with no medications) is far more about women wanting to brag about how tough they are versus anything that is beneficial to the child. One more "Look at me!" trend.

Omega

Interestingly, many species of mammal eat their placenta. It is extremely rich in nutrients. Letting it lay on the ground is a huge waste of resources.

The crazy thing is, that's the new rage with young women giving birth - keeping, drying, grinding up and eating their placenta. Yuck!
The placenta also has hormones that stimulate the mammary glands to produce milk.

Nlaw1627

I'm serious. It is highly touted and practiced among the "Natural Birth" zealotry crowd.

Although, from my observations, this whole Natural Birthing thing (giving birth in the bathtub at home with no medications) is far more about women wanting to brag about how tough they are versus anything that is beneficial to the child. One more "Look at me!" trend.
In case you weren't aware, the medications that are administered during birth in most cases when doing anything other then a "natural" birth are terrible for your body. For example the epidural that 95% of women end up getting during birth, is linked to alot of problems including premature back problems later on in life. So while you entitled to your own observation, mine is that everyone i know of that have gave birth naturally (including my wife) have done so because they would not take the risk of bigger problems down the road, so they could actually hold their baby after it was birthed, and because it is exactly what it is called, "Natural" Its how it is meant to be done and it is how it has been done since the beginning of time. Not to "flaunt" and hop on a trend. I couldn't be more proud of my wife for giving birth naturally not once but twice.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled

Sounds like it needs a "keep hammering!" t-shirt or something 😃

BSK

In case you weren't aware, the medications that are administered during birth in most cases when doing anything other then a "natural" birth are terrible for your body. For example the epidural that 95% of women end up getting during birth, is linked to alot of problems including premature back problems later on in life. So while you entitled to your own observation, mine is that everyone i know of that have gave birth naturally (including my wife) have done so because they would not take the risk of bigger problems down the road, so they could actually hold their baby after it was birthed, and because it is exactly what it is called, "Natural" Its how it is meant to be done and it is how it has been done since the beginning of time. Not to "flaunt" and hop on a trend. I couldn't be more proud of my wife for giving birth naturally not once but twice.
Good for you and your wife. But medically, I can't disagree more with virtually everything you said.

knightrider

Good for you and your wife. But medically, I can't disagree more with virtually everything you said.
My wife chose the no meds what so ever route with all three of ours but medically we were smart enough to have them at the hospital incase things went astray, and no way was she having a kid in our bathtub 🤮

Snake

Mine did the natural birth four times .

Latest posts