Didnt get skunked this season.

megalomaniac

Must be a smaller body making his rack look bigger than it is. I was thinking 115!

Amazes me how narrow your age-class bell curves are. At my place, a 3 1/2 year-old could be 60 and he could be 160.
not narrow, the numbers I used were the 'average'. scores range up or down 20pts from average. But there is a ceiling... just not enough nutrition in pine straw to get a buck over 135 inches, no matter his genetics or age!

megalomaniac

Nice way to end it out. Will be good fishing soon
Been wanting to fish for past couple weeks... but this past weekend we had 3-5ft seas and small craft advisory. Weekend before I had to take care of the dogs while wife and daughter were at a theater competition. This weekend isn't looking great either weather wise. I have to really pick my days, as I'm driving 1h 45min 1 way to fish the marshes.

TheLBLman

Congratulations, Meg, on the fruits of your labors.

Been wanting to fish for past couple weeks... but this past weekend we had 3-5ft seas and small craft advisory. Weekend before I had to take care of the dogs while wife and daughter were at a theater competition. This weekend isn't looking great either weather wise. I have to really pick my days, as I'm driving 1h 45min 1 way to fish the marshes.

Have to say, you remind me a bit of myself in my younger days.
Always going full blast, hunting & fishing.

Wondering if you'll ever "slow down" a bit on the intensity of your deer hunting, and just how many days annually you deer hunt.

I won't say I'm a "fair weather" hunter, as I do hunt some nasty weather at times, but will say I hunt less, when I believe the conditions are low odds. Same for fishing.

megalomaniac

Congratulations, Meg, on the fruits of your labors.

Have to say, you remind me a bit of myself in my younger days.
Always going full blast, hunting & fishing.

Wondering if you'll ever "slow down" a bit on the intensity of your deer hunting, and just how many days annually you deer hunt.

I won't say I'm a "fair weather" hunter, as I do hunt some nasty weather at times, but will say I hunt less, when I believe the conditions are low odds. Same for fishing.
So... for 2023-2024 deer season...

had to skip velvet hunt as I had a funeral the following weekend.

Hunted 5d TN ML prerut for myself
hunted 5d TN rut opening rifle for kids
3d mid Dec in Starkville for 1st rut
5d TN 2nd rut for kids
10d in Jan so far for 1st rut in south MS

So, I hunt a fair amount, but only during rut/ prerut, I just go wherever peak rut is timing wise in the season and don't bother hunting if peak rut or 2nd rut isn't going on.

Wife is understanding... she knows as long as I'm hunting, there is no time to chase women, go to sports bars and get drunk, etc, etc. Plus I literally have no other hobbies. Don't golf, etc. In fact, when kids were young, I didn't even fish (no time). Now that 2 kids are in college and the baby is a junior in high school, I don't have all the weekend kids activities any longer, so I've been able to start fishing again.

But I've always been the energizer bunny... my wife thinks I have ADHD, I just think its me not wanting to miss out on anything in life. Sleep, watching TV, laying in bed, etc just seems like a total waste of time.

Latest posts