My data so far this season

rem270

So I started keeping a spreadsheet this season on dates I've hunted, start time, end time, stand location, low temp, high temp, wind direction, and total of deer seen split up between bucks and does. Crazy to me how much better October was than September.

September
18 deer seen, 6 bucks, 12 does
11 sits, 9 morning hunts, 2 afternoon hunts. You could tell I wasn't interested in the heat lol
27 hours, 10 mins of time in the stand

October
91 deer seen, 22 bucks, 69 does
13 sits, 7 morning hunts, 6 afternoon hunts
36 hours, 12 mins of time in the stand

Out of all the deer seen I have seen 2 mature bucks. One I passed up on 10-8 that I think is a 5.5 year old deer. And one yesterday that I believe is a 4.5 year old. Both 8 points.

Anywho, there's your useless information for the day. But I enjoy keeping up with this kind of stuff.

Ski

That's a good idea I've always planned on doing the next season, but never have. I really should. By not doing so I've lost a lot of data that I probably could have mined for patterns.

backyardtndeer

I used to keep a journal on my desktop, then went to keeping a journal online at realtree when they had their user journals. Had I only known they would pull the plug without warning, I would have saved my journal from there.

rem270

I used to keep a journal on my desktop, then went to keeping a journal online at realtree when they had their user journals. Had I only known they would pull the plug without warning, I would have saved my journal from there.
I would really like to create an app for this kind of stuff and sell it. I figure $10-$15/ yearly subscription could do pretty well.

kaizen leader

So I started keeping a spreadsheet this season on dates I've hunted, start time, end time, stand location, low temp, high temp, wind direction, and total of deer seen split up between bucks and does. Crazy to me how much better October was than September.

September
11 sits, 9 morning hunts, 2 afternoon hunts. You could tell I wasn't interested in the heat lol

October

Out of all the deer seen I have seen 2 mature bucks. One I passed up on 10-8 that I think is a 5.5 year old deer. And one yesterday that I believe is a 4.5 year old. Both 8 points.

Anywho, there's your useless information for the day. But I enjoy keeping up with this kind of stuff.
Sounds like a six sigma project. Good luck.

rem270

I'm doing an independent study about wives of hunters.

Did her father or another male she looks up to hunt?

Seems women that have or had a hunting father are more tolerant of a hunting husband.
Her dad never did much. She remembers him squirrel hunting a little bit but that's about it.

BSK

September

October

So September was 0.66 deer per hour and 0.22 bucks per hour.
October was 2.51 deer per hour and 0.61 bucks per hour.

In a GREAT year we're 0.60 deer per hour and 0.15 bucks per hour.

philsanchez76

September

October

I love the data! I think it really helps over the years when you start to see some patterns. Interested to see what your November numbers look like!

rem270

I love the data! I think it really helps over the years when you start to see some patterns. Interested to see what your November numbers look like!
I'm very interested to see November. It's usually the best month. I'll know starting tomorrow. I think October can vary greatly from year to year. We had a very cool month with some warm days here and there. Sometimes it's right the opposite. But supposed to be in the 70's this weekend and next week. Only difference now is bucks are starting to chase.

If anyone wants me to send them this spreadsheet I'd be glad to. It's just something I came up with in excel so I can send it through email.

Latest posts