Derrick Henry to the Titans

Deerbuster1996

Re: Derrick Henry to the Titans

THEdonkey0515":vpxnwg2f said:
mtn cur":vpxnwg2f said:
odds are against a first round RB, especially in the top 10.
last "stars" at RB drafted 1st rd

2007 1 Adrian Peterson
2001 1 LaDainian Tomlinson
1999 1 Edgerrin James
1994 1 Marshall Faulk
1989 1 Barry Sanders

Todd Gurley over 1,100 yards and 10 rushing TDs as a rookie! Not bad his not a "star" yet since he only has 1 season under his belt, but his well on his way.
To add to Gurley, also that this was his first season since he tore is ACL at Georgia. But the Rams had nothing else on offense besides him as well.

THEdonkey0515

Deerbuster1996":28omsfyv said:
THEdonkey0515":28omsfyv said:
mtn cur":28omsfyv said:

2007 1 Adrian Peterson
1999 1 Edgerrin James
1994 1 Marshall Faulk
1989 1 Barry Sanders

Todd Gurley over 1,100 yards and 10 rushing TDs as a rookie! Not bad his not a "star" yet since he only has 1 season under his belt, but his well on his way.
To add to Gurley, also that this was his first season since he tore is ACL at Georgia. But the Rams had nothing else on offense besides him as well.
True, then add the fact he played in 3 games were he got less then 10 rush attempts, and still put up really nice season numbers is awesome. if he can stay healthy he has a chance to be great.

Gurly had 229 attempts for 1,106 yards. 4.8 yards per carry.

When Demarco Murray won the rushing title in 2014, he rush avg was 4.7, got 160+ more attempts, and only scored 3 more TDs, Or yeah he was running behind the best O-Line in the nfl

THEdonkey0515

mtn cur":2ev2g36n said:

2007 1 Adrian Peterson
1999 1 Edgerrin James
1994 1 Marshall Faulk
1989 1 Barry Sanders

The BUS! Pick #10, 1993. 13,000+yards 90+TDs, super bowl champ, 6x pro bowler, hall of farmer.

But, yeah hard to find a very good list of great HBs picked In the top 5. If you look at the list of running backs picked top 5 from 2000 you will have a list of.

Darren McFadden pick #4 2008, Now a back up.
Reggie Bush, pick #2, 2006. 5,500 yards in 10 years.
Ronnie Brown,pick #2, 2005, 5,300 yards out of league.
Credic Benson, pick #4, 2005.
Cadillac Williams,pick #5, 2005.
Trent Richardson, pick #3, 2012, A joke.

mtn cur

wayne":3dn8rrbj said:
They'll probably move him to TE, you know, because of his size. Too tall for RB.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

PillsburyDoughboy

Hate to dredge up a two year old thread but wonder what people think of DH and these predictions now ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wayne

PillsburyDoughboy":2l8hx6ff said:
Hate to dredge up a two year old thread but wonder what people think of DH and these predictions now ???

He's wearing it out at 44 yds/game. Pro Bowl maybe?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

TreyB

wayne":dubt4uzi said:
PillsburyDoughboy":dubt4uzi said:

He's wearing it out at 44 yds/game. Pro Bowl maybe?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I thought the same thing... He is decent but nothing great. Wouldn't even call him a good rb. He is a serviceable...

PillsburyDoughboy

Topic Revisited. Gotta love all these football experts LOL He's still stuck at the titans though. Needs to find a team where he can really shine, protected by a front line and a QB that get the job done. That is never gonna happen so long as he is with the titans.

Displaced_Vol

Topic Revisited. Gotta love all these football experts LOL He's still stuck at the titans though. Needs to find a team where he can really shine, protected by a front line and a QB that get the job done. That is never gonna happen so long as he is with the titans.
Doesn't the fact the titans earned the #1 seed in the AFC without Henry playing half the season point to the fact that they're far from the inept franchise you want them to be?
I don't think Tannehill has what it takes until he proves me wrong and they're not the Yankees but you act like DH dragged them to success this season?

cbhunter

Doesn't the fact the titans earned the #1 seed in the AFC without Henry playing half the season point to the fact that they're far from the inept franchise you want them to be?
I don't think Tannehill has what it takes until he proves me wrong and they're not the Yankees but you act like DH dragged them to success this season?
He don't want logic brought into his chest pumping exercise 😉

PillsburyDoughboy

Heck they were winning till he came back, put that in pipe and smoke it
Messing with a team and a system that was working to work back in a guy that was not 100% was not a smart move. But it is the titans. What do you expect out of them? Greatness??

Spurhunter

Messing with a team and a system that was working to work back in a guy that was not 100% was not a smart move.
It is a shame you are so busy being Nick Saban's Football Strategy Adviser that you can't help Mike Vrabel. A clown like Vrabel could use your infinite football wisdom. Even though he was just named NFL Coach of the Year I'm sure your football brilliance far exceeds his.

Latest posts