Could Derrick Henry have gone straight to the NFL?

BMan

I assume he was asking as a matter of did he have the tools?

Even if he did, he had no experience playing at a higher level than other high school programs. He hadn't played against other people who were as large as he was, stronger than he was, faster than he was, more skilled than he was, harder hitting than he was, and used to a much faster, harder game. Adults are much stronger pound-for-pound than teenagers.

He may have looked good on paper, but they'd have killed him on the field. I'd say probably career-ending injury within the first half of the season.

XCR-2

I would have thought Jerry Jones would have picked him up in Dallas and took him to a Superbowl but we all know Jerry does not make smart moves.
Ya he's not very smart. He's only wipes his ass with $100 dollar bills and owns an NFL team called the cowboys. What an idiot!

PillsburyDoughboy

Gotta love all the trash that has been talked about Derrick Henry over the years.

Going way back I love this thread. Sadly the Link is dead in the thread but you you can still find it below. Whoever said it made sure to delete the thread. LOL

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=323038&p=4162817&hilit=henry#p4162817

"love NFL football, but I dont think Henry has the NFL skills to get drafted early. He is straightline runner who is projected to run in mid 4.6's. That is good enough for SEC ball. but maybe not NFL talent."

"^^^^ IMO if Henry didn't play behind an Alabama O-Line he'd have been just another run of the mill RB. The couple games I watched him play start to finish I came away feeling like he wasn't nearly as good as advertised. I saw him get taken down 1 on 1 in the open field multiple times by Clemson DBs. That shouldn't happen to elite running backs."

Fast Learner

Following Derrick Henry the titans only had a good game when HE had a good game. He pretty much carried that team on its back. Period!
Please expand on how where Derrick Henry played college football affects his NFL career? Correct me if I'm wrong but the nfl is littered with starters that went to smaller schools or played on inferior college teams. I guess it's the fact you cheer for the gumps everyone else is inferior as a running back. Derrick Henry was gonna be just like he is today if he played for Rubys Resthome and Door Knob Lickers University!!!

Latest posts