Deer Tenderloin Recipe

7-08 fan

I have had a few people ask about the marinade so I'm gonna post it. It may sound kinda weird but it turns out good. You start with any amount of tenderloin cut in chunks or sliced thick.

Marinade:
Equal parts Italian Dressing and Allegro(Dales if you like salt) any amount just equal.
1 whole Jalapeno diced seeds and all
Red pepper flake to your taste

Marinade overnight in the fridge take it out the next day and and wrap with bacon and throw them on a hot grill until the bacon is crisp and the meat is done to your taste. Give them a little shake of your favorite grill seasoning and your set.

landman

I always use the Cajun Allegro for my wild turkey, cut in chunks or strips, then wrapped in bacon, cooked on the grill.
Keep the Allegro to use to basting the turkey until the bacon is done.

Cooking some for the Super Bowl

7-08 fan

Yeah thats what got me to post this I was asked to cook these and a couple of boston butts for a super bowl party so I figured I would post it.

A

Anonymous

Fry 4 or 5 slices of bacon in iron skillet. Make sandwich with bacon. Slice strap or tenderloin thin and fry in bacon grease. salt and pepper to taste. enjoy

bowriter

R.I.P.
Gotta disagree with that for tenderloin. I'm assuming we are talking about the same cut of meat. Tenderloin should only be eaten fried and needs no marinading. If you actually mean backstrap, that's different. Lot of people get them mixed up.

Buttermilk, couple beaten eggs, well seasoned flour. Dip in butter milk and egg and let sit for 20 minutes, then dredge in flour. Deep fried in 360 degree oil, maybe 7 minutes, cream gravey and cathead biscuits.

bowriter

R.I.P.
A cathead biscuit is an old southern term to describe a biscuit the size of a cat's head. Of course they are scratch biscuits, golden brown and drenched in melted butter. They are about the size of your clenched fist.

Now you put you a handfull of fried pork sausage in one, and you have breakfast or lunch. You fill one with deer tenderloin and you have supper.

Cover one with gravey and you have heaven.

Latest posts