Deer Camp

tellico4x4

Friday night before gun opener we always have a big pot luck supper. Wives, kids, grandkids & friends always show up. Sometimes we have 40ish people, kinda like Tgiving at grandmas used to be. One of highlights each season.

C1295

Friday night before gun opener we always have a big pot luck supper. Wives, kids, grandkids & friends always show up. Sometimes we have 40ish people, kinda like Tgiving at grandmas used to be. One of highlights each season.
that sounds like a good time!

Gobble4me757

It depends on the camp for me…

One camp in North Bama: Denny more beef stew and grill cheeses by the fire and maybe some venison soup or burgers

My camp I south Bama: smash burgers/Philly cheese steaks on blackstone or steaks on the grill. Either that or frozen pizzas 😂

C1295

One camp in North Bama: Denny more beef stew and grill cheeses by the fire and maybe some venison soup or burgers

My camp I south Bama: smash burgers/Philly cheese steaks on blackstone or steaks on the grill. Either that or fr

My camp I south Bama: smash burgers/Philly cheese steaks on blackstone or steaks on the grill. Either that or frozen pizzas 😂
still sounds pretty dang good!

uncle_loue

dutch oven on the fire. fry 4 strips of bacon on the bottom until most of the fat is rendered but dont let them crisp yet. on top of that dump 1/2 bag of shredded hash browns. salt n' pepper to taste. sprinkle sausage chunks of your choice. crack a dozen eggs on top of that. sprinkle shredded cheese over top. on goes the lid and an even distribution of hot coals. once the eggs set in 40 min - 1 hour scoop, serve and accomplish absolutely nothing for the next 2 hours.

DoubleRidge

dutch oven on the fire. fry 4 strips of bacon on the bottom until most of the fat is rendered but dont let them crisp yet. on top of that dump 1/2 bag of shredded hash browns. salt n' pepper to taste. sprinkle sausage chunks of your choice. crack a dozen eggs on top of that. sprinkle shredded cheese over top. on goes the lid and an even distribution of hot coals. once the eggs set in 40 min - 1 hour scoop, serve and accomplish absolutely nothing for the next 2 hours.

Love dutch oven cooking....that recipe sounds delicious....do you scramble the egg before adding or just drop them in and bust yoke?

I have a 12" Lodge deep dutch oven this would work great in.....and I have absolutely no problem accomplishing nothing for two hours around the campfire...sounds fantastic actually!!

Rakkin6

I have a stockpile of MRE for my all day hunts. Don't really do deer camp since I hunt public. I "rat$&ck" the MRE and get rid of the Charms, beverage powder etc to condense it down. Leave the remaining items in the bag roll it up and tape up with duct tape and throw in the bottom of the bag.

If you don't know the Charms candies are bad luck. If anyone eats them it will rain on you while you are in the field. If anyone ever ate them while we were training they got $hit on by the rest of us all day.

Gobble4me757

still sounds pretty dang good!
It is! Just get tired of the Beef stew everytime as the older gentleman I go with is a creature of habit lol If I get to chose, I mix it up and all...Sometimes we have backstrap poppers etc. We don't go hungry that's forsure!

uncle_loue

Love dutch oven cooking....that recipe sounds delicious....do you scramble the egg before adding or just drop them in and bust yoke?

I have a 12" Lodge deep dutch oven this would work great in.....and I have absolutely no problem accomplishing nothing for two hours around the campfire...sounds fantastic actually!!
i just drop the eggs in - break or dont break up to you if you like a lil liquid sunshine in your breakfast