Deer burger ideas

Stayinthewoods

Good morning all.

I'm trying to get my deer ate up from last year and I'm getting low on everything except deer burger. I've got a ton of it left and need some opinions on what to do with it. I tried a new processor last year and had them add in beef fat to it. I don't know if they just ground it to fine or what, but it will NOT stay together in patties on the grill. I've tried every trick in the book.... eggs, crackers, white bread and milk, nothing works. So besides the obvious spaghetti, Chilli, sloppy Joe's, and hamburger helper, what else do you do with ground meat?

I'm thinking brown it, throw the Cajun trinity in it, and doing a stuffed bell pepper with some cheese.

What else yall got?

Mud Creek

Smoked Bacon explosion, tacos, smoked meat loaf, armadillo eggs. Have you tried doing them as burgers on a griddle or cast iron skillet? Keep the patties thin and try smash burgers.

jag1

I make a taco salad nearly once or twice every few weeks. If you have a Kroger nearby, they sell some chips called Red hot blues. Comes in a red bag. Use that for your crunch, sour cream, jalapeños, taco sauce, lettuce, black olives AND if you can find panchos dressing!!!

JCDEERMAN

Also tacos, lasagna, hamburger helper.

One thing you may want to consider is cooking many meals from the ones you mentioned and the ones listed above....and then vacuum seal them and freeze. Then all you have to do is thaw, warm and you're good to go. That's what I do with all of our leftovers if we have a substantial amount. Even if it's just enough for one person - those are the ones I will take to our cabin if I am just going there for a days work, it will give me a fast home-cooked meal for lunch.

cajunpredfan

I made meat balls. Veal, pork and deer. They are great. I then took a couple of the meat balls, before cooking, and added them to 1 pound of ground deer for the added fat, and made burgers. Very good as well.

arickettsjr

Venison, pasta, sauce, done.

Venison. . .

Lasagna? Check

Fettuccini Alfredo? Check

with cheese tortellini and vodka sauce? Check

Mushrooms, garlic, and alfredo sauce over penne? Check

On to infinity

Or browned in a pan with pork sausage, onions, peppers, and eggs scrambled into the whole lot. Add cheese and flour tortillas then freeze for grab and go microwave breakfast burritos this hunting season.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
I'm all about using ground venison for just about anything you'd use ground beef. Chili, spaghetti, lasagna, meatballs, moussaka.

gtk

Staff member
I"m going to try some bacon/venison smash burgers on the blackstone this weekend.

my burgers had/have the habit of falling apart as well. The wife has the mixture of eggs/breadcrumbs down pat so that helps. Another BIG help is to thaw it completely and let all the blood drain out before mixing & forming into patties. This seemed to help the most with mine. Also, don't flip it too much on the grill !

tnanh

I started using a fish type cage with my deer burgers. Works really well. Just grease it good with olive oil on both sides before putting the burgers in. I have put sliced onions with it on occasion. They flip super easy this way and turn out great.

RobDooley

Good morning all.

I'm trying to get my deer ate up from last year and I'm getting low on everything except deer burger. I've got a ton of it left and need some opinions on what to do with it. I tried a new processor last year and had them add in beef fat to it. I don't know if they just ground it to fine or what, but it will NOT stay together in patties on the grill. I've tried every trick in the book.... eggs, crackers, white bread and milk, nothing works. So besides the obvious spaghetti, Chilli, sloppy Joe's, and hamburger helper, what else do you do with ground meat?

I'm thinking brown it, throw the Cajun trinity in it, and doing a stuffed bell pepper with some cheese.

What else yall got?
I have never had that problem. I would buy a small package of 75% lean ground beef and mix it with venison.

Boll Weevil

Smoke you a fatty. I just put one on 20 min ago.
9346D467-51C5-478A-9B65-900CA7C64A2D.jpeg
8331D9D3-208F-466B-8D49-C7143037E780.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts