Dead Chicken Recipe

TennesseeRains

Yeah well - been eatin chicken, etc. for over a month now. Here's how I've grilled some - it turned out pretty good actually....good enough for my tapeworm anyhow.

Boneless, Skinless chicken thighs. I have cooked bone in too, and you could substitute chicken chest I guess...

Make a marinade:

1 tbsp Dijon mustard
4 tbsp worceshire sauce
1 tbsp Louisianna hot sauce
6 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp onion powder
2 tbsp basil
2 cloves garlic (I use my garlic press - you could finely chop, or use garlic powder too)
1 lime - zest and juice

Mix all, then reserve some for basting later while grilling.

I don't add salt and pepper to the marinade itself - I tend to get too much salt if I do it that way...so I use sea salt and fresh ground pepper on the chicken itself, then put the pieces in the marinade.

Marinate for at least 4-hours.

Then go to grilling! I generally let the chicken get good and seared on both sides then baste with the reserved marinade. Baste too early and ya get what in scientific terms is called a fire!

Hawk

TennesseeRains said:
The Ol'Professor said:
I'm not the biggest fan of yard bird but this marinade makes some of the best chicken I've ever eaten! Thanks TR.

No, Thank You.

:grin:

I tried it last night and I agree. Might step up the lime a little next time.

TennesseeRains

Hawk - I used the lime sparingly because normally I use lemon for cooking which I feel overpowers the flavor. However, I do see your point.

I experimented with my recipe and used a lemon this time...looks to have worked with the wife and begats! Out of 8 thighs - only two are left - and I haven't eaten (don't eat supper).

Perhaps those who cook this will use two limes next time...the juice helps - but it is really the zest that makes all the difference!

BIGORANGE

Tried this today and it is great. Two limes is the ticket. ;)
Aanybody who tries this and doesn't like it, call me and I will eat it for ya! :D
Thanks for the great recipe TR.