Creating water holes

Football Hunter

Hmmmm,I used some old 20 gallon buckets to creat some water oppurtunities on the ridges at my place.After looking at the pics of deer using them,got me to wondering if I just set up a disease spreading place?

jmb4wd

Football Hunter said:
Hmmmm,I used some old 20 gallon buckets to creat some water oppurtunities on the ridges at my place.After looking at the pics of deer using them,got me to wondering if I just set up a disease spreading place?

Im no expert, but I wouldnt think so. After all they have to drink from any stagnet (Spelling)water hole they can find in deep summer.

Maybe someone has some ideas?

southernhunter

i was wondering the same thing after i dug a few on my place. havent seen any problems yet .but mine dry up after a month or so .one good rain will fill them up again.think that may be agood thing for me .

southernhunter

i dug another today. the deer use mine a lot in early bow season .think its one of the best things i have done to my hunting property.

Football Hunter

smstone22 said:
Mosquito breeding ground is all I would not like about it. I dont worry about having a place for deer to drink though.
Aint worried about water,my place is on the Buffalo river.You can get something from the coop for skeeters,so Ive been told,but no problem so far.

southernhunter

bow hunting was hot here for me last year , the deer was comeing to the water all during the day .i now have 5 on my 230 acres . the deer was staying next to the river a mile away so i wasnt seen crap when it was hot, dig it they will come"lol"

BowGuy84

The HIP here in KY will pay like 175 a piece for tiny ponds. Id say they are around a dozer blade squar or little better. Not sure the stipulation. I'm gonna have my dozer guy make a couple but not get paid bc I don't want them having any "claim" over my land.

I do think it couldn't hurt in early season.

Latest posts