Creating New Green Fields

Gobble4me757

Final results: I was told wrong on the field I sent pics of so will send them with the gps design.

This is "lil Texas"

IMG_1441.jpeg
Resized_20231206_111545.jpeg

This next one is the one I sent before (field is a lil more north of the prop line to get off of it)

IMG_1824.jpeg

Resized_20231205_090615.jpeg
Resized_20231205_130845.jpeg
Resized_20231205_134824.jpeg

DoubleRidge

We're attempting to do this. We've been collecting seeds from late-dropping persimmons and growing them in pots. However, what we don't know is if late-dropping persimmons produce other late-dropping persimmons. I guess we will find out in 5-10 years!
BSK...was it you that shared a technique that you or your brother did?...cleaning the persimmon seed with hydrogen peroxide?
If so please share that process again....after cleaning are the seeds stratified in the refrigerator? Or direct seeded in pots?
I remember a high germination rate being reported....hoping to collect some of these late droppers very soon and begin the process.

BSK

Wasn't me (I don't think). As far as I know, he didn't do anything special except put them in the refrigerator for a couple months. VERY high germination rate.

DoubleRidge

Wasn't me (I don't think). As far as I know, he didn't do anything special except put them in the refrigerator for a couple months. VERY high germination rate.
Not sure where I read that? But Im going to collect some soon and just rinse pulp off and store in fridge...planning to nurse in pots next spring.

Gobble4me757

Just doing a last minute makeshift work of the spots to hunt January in bama. Rut is still a couple weeks away. Fields turned out great just a lot more work on them for next year. Limited stand site options as the first video will need a shooting house next year.

DoubleRidge

Not sure where I read that? But Im going to collect some soon and just rinse pulp off and store in fridge...planning to nurse in pots next spring.
As mentioned in the other thread. Collected 30 late dropper persimmon seeds...washed and storing them in moist peet moss in refrigerator....but one change is Im planning on building air prune boxes or beds verses starting them in pots. Hoping to do the same with the chestnut and sawtooth we have put up too...never tried the air prune process but looking forward to trying it.

BSK

As mentioned in the other thread. Collected 30 late dropper persimmon seeds...washed and storing them in moist peet moss in refrigerator....but one change is Im planning on building air prune boxes or beds verses starting them in pots. Hoping to do the same with the chestnut and sawtooth we have put up too...never tried the air prune process but looking forward to trying it.
Just talked to my BIL and he said he washed the persimmon seeds in hydrogen peroxide and then stored them in peat moss in the refrigerator for 6 weeks before planting.