Crappie jigs

Levee Jumper

Just curious what everyone's favorite jigs for crappie are. Maybe favorite colors and sizes, what is your favorite for jigging in spring?
I like a black and chartreuse or blue and chartreuse southern pro tube jig on a 1/16 oz pink head when fishing shallow off color water during the spawn.

DP713

I like Mid South Tackle Tube Jigs. 1103 and Red Wine are my favorite two colors for Lake Barkley. Jig them on a 1/8oz head and even use them on the back of a road runner head when casting.

Dodge Man

I bought some stuff to make some jigs. I am having fun playing around making random colors with what I have.

3E338691-A757-4EEA-9C99-63CB00B70D12.jpeg

blueball

My favorite plastics are the mr crappie crappie thunder and slabilicious.If i go smaller its usually a hair jig or a bobby garland itty bitty

BetterDaniel

Bobby garland: pumpkin(?) I think they're called, grey and white, white, and chartreuse with a white roadrunner head have been killing for me with the crappie and the stripes.

BetterDaniel

All the pros are saying color doesnt matter as much as size and profile,heres a good read

In my limited experience I can't find that color matters when they're there and feeding, but sometimes if its slow and depending on the clarity of the water I can coax a bite from a brighter or darker color depending.

Now I'm wondering. Do fish even see color? Maybe its just the visibility that makes SOME kind of difference?

WTM

In my limited experience I can't find that color matters when they're there and feeding, but sometimes if its slow and depending on the clarity of the water I can coax a bite from a brighter or darker color depending.

Now I'm wondering. Do fish even see color? Maybe its just the visibility that makes SOME kind of difference?
yes but not the same way we see color in the water. red for example, looks black past 15 feet deep