Crank bait sticker shock….

megalomaniac

Academy H2Optix crankbaits are reasonably priced and work fine. Last year they were $3.99, but I think they are up to $4.49 this year. Sometimes they put them on sale/ closeout and you can get them for $1.99.

I really like the shallow running gold chrome crankbait for reds.

BuckWild

We own a mini storage business on the south side of Jackson,TN. When we have abandoned units i go through them and clean them out. Probably have over 300 crankbaits at the house and last count had 12 tackle boxes full. Havent bought any kind of fishing lures in over 10 years.

Carlos

I've been looking for the silver and black Storm Hot-n-Tots. They're hard to find locally.

Omega

We own a mini storage business on the south side of Jackson,TN. When we have abandoned units i go through them and clean them out. Probably have over 300 crankbaits at the house and last count had 12 tackle boxes full. Havent bought any kind of fishing lures in over 10 years.
How about posting some for sale here :D I'd take some of the duplicates off your hands.

I think I posted about sticker shock at Academy when I used the TWRA discount coupon, but have since seen that even WM has high prices on lures, and even worms. I got a couple of the on-sale H2O offerings which were more in line with what I paid in the past. but I think instead of fishing I'm going to scour the shoreline looking for lures along with the lead I usually collect.

Chiflyguy

I had a friend that died from cancer 5 or 6 years ago. He was very artistic and started buying blanks and airbrushing them. Man he made some pretty crankbaits. He started his own business and kept the orders backlogged by crappie fishermen alone. I found a few old pics of his work.
View attachment 188491
View attachment 188492
View attachment 188493
View attachment 188494
Sorry about your friend.
I did some work back a few years ago.
My biggest customers were for repainting Rapalas.
Illinois River sauger loved Pink/white original floaters.

Latest posts