Crank bait sticker shock….

Carlos

You ain't kidding. I'm down to just a couple of Hot-N-Tots, they're pretty expensive from what I've found.

It may be best to pull them outta the overhanging limbs at the lake, haha.

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
My dad has started buying rock crawler blanks and painting them himself. Still not an amazing price but better than new!

Crow Terminator

I rarely buy crankbaits new in the pack. eBay is where it's at. If you are patient and ain't one of the "gotta have em right now" kind of people, you can bid on the "used crankbait lots" and get really good deals when you win. I'm talking like 20 cranks for $10. I generally replace the O rings and hooks and maybe do a little tuning to make them run straight and am good to go. I also find a lot of them when they let the water down. You can also buy the crankbait lots with new baits but that are in not so popular colors for decent prices too. I usually rough those up with some sand paper, then paint em with my air brush.

redblood

I rarely buy crankbaits new in the pack. eBay is where it's at. If you are patient and ain't one of the "gotta have em right now" kind of people, you can bid on the "used crankbait lots" and get really good deals when you win. I'm talking like 20 cranks for $10. I generally replace the O rings and hooks and maybe do a little tuning to make them run straight and am good to go. I also find a lot of them when they let the water down. You can also buy the crankbait lots with new baits but that are in not so popular colors for decent prices too. I usually rough those up with some sand paper, then paint em with my air brush.
Great tip. I may be bidding against you now lol.

Spurhunter

I usually rough those up with some sand paper, then paint em with my air brush.
I had a friend that died from cancer 5 or 6 years ago. He was very artistic and started buying blanks and airbrushing them. Man he made some pretty crankbaits. He started his own business and kept the orders backlogged by crappie fishermen alone. I found a few old pics of his work.
FB_IMG_1690806981456.jpg

FB_IMG_1690806964216.jpg

FB_IMG_1690806954022.jpg

FB_IMG_1690806937278.jpg

BigCityBubba

I still can't bring myself to buy tungsten worm weights, I have broke off so many worm weights in my life that if they were tungsten, it would be in the thousands of dollars.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Another idea on getting them cheap, look at pawn shops and buy whole tackle boxes for one sum. You may wind up with some trash, but you can also win the lottery if the right stuff is in there.

Latest posts