Coyote hunting wma's?

ImThere

I want to do some hunting on the wma but i cant use center fire. So what should i be looking for 17 hmr, 22 mag? What else is out there? Out of those two which one would be the best? What would be the effective range on those?

redblood

ImThere said:
I want to do some hunting on the wma but i cant use center fire. So what should i be looking for 17 hmr, 22 mag? What else is out there? Out of those two which one would be the best? What would be the effective range on those?

22 mag is the better choice, but still a very poor one for coyotes. i have killed a few using the rimfire loophole with the 22 mag, it is far from perfect!!

Rockhound

There was a big questioning on here last season over the same thing, and unless something has changed wma's with "open to statewide season" can legally be hunted with centerfire after deer season.

Atchman2

I'm going to call my WMA manager. Last thing I need to do is get sideways with them. It has never been clear whether you can 100% use CF or not. Some WMA managers don't have an issue with it, but some of them do it seems.

jeff ll

Well all I can say is don't run into Warden Mark or Mike. Has black hair kind of gray in spots, slender to medium build. Cause in 2009 he wrote me a ticket for hunting coyotes with centerfire.

Latest posts