Corn help

Jcalder

I planted my corn much later than planned. But something is getting it. Probably got half of it at this point. I thought it might be birds pulling it up and getting the kernel but I'm not convinced.
IMG_7768.jpeg
IMG_7769.jpeg
IMG_7770.jpeg

Carlos

I could, but I'd wear an extension cord out going across the driveway
Set it up in the evening, and move it first thing in the morning. They'll remember the experience pretty well, and avoid it, even when it's unhooked.

👍

Carlos

Can you expand on this Mick?
I'm pretty sure he's talking about setting up an elec fence, and using peanut butter to make sure they get a taste of the voltage. Hang some small pieces of aluminum foil coated with PB from the electrified fence, zip-bang.

JCDEERMAN

I'm pretty sure he's talking about setting up an elec fence, and using peanut butter to make sure they get a taste of the voltage. Hang some small pieces of aluminum foil coated with PB from the electrified fence, zip-bang.
Makes sense. Should have known that. It's been a long week - thanks!

backyardtndeer

Crows. They can wipe out a plot of corn in no time.
Crows, kill one in the garden and leave it for the others to see.
Very effective method of keeping the democrat birds out. You can kill one from anywhere and hang it from a t post at your garden. They see their buddy hanging mangled on a t post, and they will absolutely not land.

DaveB

Here is a suggestion:

get the material and drape it over the plants. In a few weeks the corn will be large enough to not be attractive to birds.

If it aint birds, don't know if this stuff will keep deer off. My corn has yet to sprout but I am gonna use this material.

Jcalder

Pretty well ruled out crows on this. I've planted my corn 3 times and it's been too wet to work. Out of town this week so I'll update once home, Also, put a camera on it and haven't seen anything convincing. I've about decided it's worms

Latest posts