ambrosia sweet corn tips?

WTM

i tried it last year and it didnt make. it came up, i thinned it and it died right before the first dose of nitrogen.

does this require a lot more water than silver queen or peaches and cream. i usually plant silver queen since the coons wont bother it but didnt have enough seed.

Bone_Chaser

When did you plant? Rust gets bad on later corn or could have been another disease or insect. Shouldn't be any different than any other corn. Not giving it 200-120-120 per acre and planting at least 4 rows preferably 6 are what most folks don't do.

backyardtndeer

Don't think I have ever planted ambrosia. Wouldn't think it should be any more picky than any other. I don't really remember how dry it was last year in our garden, but seems like I was watering some early on.

WTM

Don't think I have ever planted ambrosia. Wouldn't think it should be any more picky than any other. I don't really remember how dry it was last year in our garden, but seems like I was watering some early on.
yeah i remember now, it was dry and i didnt want to waste my well, watering the garden. a couple of times i thought my well was getring close to going dry.

Latest posts