Ambrosia

Mud Creek

Just picked these and fixing to get the water boiling.

20230815_131430.jpg
20230815_164406.jpg

DaveB

Sure enough does look good.

You can send some my way for taste testing.

I planted some but I am afraid I was too late and not so smart about where I planted.

Mud Creek

Sure enough does look good.

You can send some my way for taste testing.

I planted some but I am afraid I was too late and not so smart about where I planted.

Thanks! I had to sample a couple ears standing right there in the garden! Mine got planted late as well and I'm suprised I got what I got. With the late planting came immature plants having to deal with crazy wind and heavy down pours from June until now, so I thought for sure my garden would be a bust this year. It's our first year growing ambrosia sweet corn although we've had plenty of it in the past. I love peaches and cream but if I'm being honest I have to say ambrosia tastes better IMO! We will be growing it again next year.

Acorn

Thanks! I had to sample a couple ears standing right there in the garden! Mine got planted late as well and I'm suprised I got what I got. With the late planting came immature plants having to deal with crazy wind and heavy down pours from June until now, so I thought for sure my garden would be a bust this year. It's our first year growing ambrosia sweet corn although we've had plenty of it in the past. I love peaches and cream but if I'm being honest I have to say ambrosia tastes better IMO! We will be growing it again next year.
I've been planting ambrosia for 7 or 8 years and it is by far my family's favorite.